• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

This Weekend's Sets

Maustypsu

Saturday I set a very awkward tree but the ONLY tree that can shoot to two apple trees.

I can only hunt this little finger if mainly brush. It has a CRP that is mashed down by the deer. The only food standing is corn to the north of Rte 20 to the north of the finger. The bedding area is to the West of Rte 29. It is a mix of marsh/swamp and CRP.

The deer cross the road like it is a briar patch including the mature bucks. I can shoot the clearing (staging area), two field edges and two apple trees from my set up.

1a8319a9fd89be9ee0857bbbbdc5b344.png

0d333fba158969f449a695d294c4a4bb.png

2ba90e7bfe31e55094ed3b9e6fb5f551.png

This spot is for the rut. Check out all the woods on either side of this in an area that is full of ag. I have to believe that a shooter will work thru here during day light this season chasing a doe. I will probably be at work or processing a doe.... but the spot has potential.

Here I set up at the widest point in the woods where I could shoot the field an the edge of the lake.

81863ce25b6215d37b560b6f40e11f0b.png

8182dde1b65fee4bcd4413c8ae4a89d6.png

a61327534b420c3c7f1d710720bbea70.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love places like your first one...small, overlooked, and difficult for traditional Hunters. Good luck!

Man I wish I had your google earth resolutions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you have 3D available in that location... I want that too. All I get is the general terrain features.

I don't really understand the first couple, but that one by the lake looks nice. My gut tells me you should sit more on the left side of last pic and that deer will skirt that narrow strip and cut across that field. Just a hunch and well I don't kill deer so. :confused:

I don't really understand the first couple, but that one by the lake looks nice. My gut tells me you should sit more on the left side of last pic and that deer will skirt that narrow strip and cut across that field. Just a hunch and well I don't kill deer so. :confused:

I think he is sitting that first location as a funnel from the block of timber west of it into the fields. Here is the same location from a different angle to show how it could be a travel corridor across the road. Looks like a pretty sweet setup if the wind was in your favor...
caa7922e30ac1064190d34a3e6ab0c24.png

Last edited:
Back