• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tie in Height in relation to sitting or leaning

putt4doe

Vendor Rep
Hi guys -

I've been hunting out of a saddle for years. I love it, and don't see myself ever being able to NOT hunt from a saddle...

I'm curious. Where do you guys tie in?

I'm a sitter. I find that having my bridge around 24" (I'm assuming that's how long I like it. I haven't measured but I will and update this thread), and tying in with the middle of my prusik right at eye level is the most comfortable for me.

Where have you guys found to be most comfortable? What about you leaners?

I'm still trying to figure it out, but it seems most guys like a 24" bridge aswell and I've read a lot of guys also set the tether at eye to forehead height.
I use the ropeman in my tether and just connect to the bridge, lift up till I'm slightly pulled on buy still flat on my platform.

I'm a sitter. 24" bridge. My tether goes anywhere from eye level to a little above my head. I will adjust it somewhere in that range depending on the tree diameter and the lean of the tree.

And if you are still using a prussik, you need to get a ropeman! So much easier!

I am a leaner, tie in just below nose high, and have been running about an 18-20" bridge. Though, I am going to play with bridge length quite a bit this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much the same thing with me. 24"+/- bridge with a slightly above head height tie in. I just switched to the Erniepower ring mod so now I can play around with my bridge length on the fly.

Last edited:
When you guys say 24" bridge do you mean over all length or 24" on either side of tie in

I am the odd ball, I like a longer bridge and a high tether hight. I can hunt with short and low, but just find the high better.

Thanks,
Boswell

When you guys say 24" bridge do you mean over all length or 24" on either side of tie in

Bridge length is usually measured in TOTAL length, so a 24" bridge would have 12" on either side of the hookup.

Length of active bridge, not including any rope that was used while tying knots. Said another way, measure the full length after it has been tied.

I am the odd ball, I like a longer bridge and a high tether hight. I can hunt with short and low, but just find the high better.

Thanks,
Boswell

What have you found to be most comfortable?

my bridge is 28" I tie in around forehead height. I sit and lean and this setup keeps me comfortable no matter what. I almost NEVER adjust my tether point once I'm setup.

What have you found to be most comfortable?
It varies on how far the paws are out from the saddle or if the saddle has paws :tonguewink: I like around a 44-50 inch total length bridge. I like my tether about a foot above head height.
The longer the tree strap the more ability you have to walk around the tree, one reason I like a longer tree strap.
I like a longer bridge so I can lean against it without my head hitting the carabiner.
That is why I like what I do, I can hunt with a 20 inch bridge and chest height tether, I just feel it restricts the saddle to much.

Thanks,
Boswell

It varies on how far the paws are out from the saddle or if the saddle has paws :tonguewink: I like around a 44-50 inch total length bridge. I like my tether about a foot above head height.
The longer the tree strap the more ability you have to walk around the tree, one reason I like a longer tree strap.
I like a longer bridge so I can lean against it without my head hitting the carabiner.
That is why I like what I do, I can hunt with a 20 inch bridge and chest height tether, I just feel it restricts the saddle to much.

Thanks,
Boswell

Good Stuff!

I'm going to play around with some different lengths of bridges and tie in points, and I'll report back on what I've found!

I am a leaner, tie in just below nose high, and have been running about an 18-20" bridge. Though, I am going to play with bridge length quite a bit this year.

Thanks,
Boswell

Another hint maybe????? Still waiting on a video release lol

Back on topic though i find myself leaning and sitting. My tether is tied around eye to top of my head. Depending on leaning or sitting I'll just adjust my ropeman to micro adjust for comfortablity. My bridge I believe is about 20-21inches

What are you using for tether and bridge for your saddle?

I use one of my 2 linesman belts as a tether, and 1" climbing rated webbing for a bridge.

Back