• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Time to get those saddles dusted off!

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
Decided I needed to climb a tree today and man did it feel good to be sitting in the saddle! Won't be long boys!
3576b8314dd84b1e4e299184818b5334.jpg

ad3724583f2a80fc27f095aa13a199b7.jpg

c5bcbe337ebeecf07fa1c7e2a98e454f.jpg

8b0b5f8543df1c9670ac49b33f4dee01.jpg

Anyone making any big gear changes this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny one day last week I got out my stuff and climbed a tree in the back yard.
My wife walks up and says what are you doing?
I said I just need to clear my head I was going to hang out a minute.
She laughed and went in the house.
Sometimes my job sux. I lied, a lot of times my job sux.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

I'd do it, but we have been breaking near 100 degrees in Texas recently. I don't really want all that sweat in my gear.

That's funny one day last week I got out my stuff and climbed a tree in the back yard.
My wife walks up and says what are you doing?
I said I just need to clear my head I was going to hang out a minute.
She laughed and went in the house.
Sometimes my job sux. I lied, a lot of times my job sux.

Sent from my
At 20' up

Truth be told my wife wasn't in a great mood today so I escaped for a while. I knew she couldn't climb a tree to get to me!

Ok I got all my stuff out today and dusted it off to go hang and practice tomorrow! SWEET! I'll post pics.

Truth be told my wife wasn't in a great mood today so I escaped for a while. I knew she couldn't climb a tree to get to me!

Make sure she ain't got a gun to shoot you out of the tree like a squirrel!!! Lol

Sent from my
At 20' up

I had a busy spring at work and didn't get to set up all the trees that I planned. I've been busting my butt all June to try and get them ready before it gets too hot and close to the season. 7 done so far and hopefully at least a couple more this weekend. Lots of time in the saddle though :D

I've also put some time in the saddle since I started testing out the wild edge stepps with the aider.

I got the webbing and clips in to do the webbing mod on my spikes.
I still need to work on my platform. It creaks a little, and I need to switch it over to Amsteel with a Jim Stepp knot instead of tie down straps.

It is way too hot here in Savannah to do any climbing. The humiditity is ridiculous.

However, I'm about to go get a pig or two. My new .22 MAG needs to eat.

Ya big sissy! HAHA. I can't imagine what it's like down there this time of year. Glad I live in the north where it doesn't get that hot!

Put it this way, I leave for work at 0525 every morning. Just from walking down my driveway to the Chevy, I'm already sweating. This morning it was 81 degrees with 90% humidity before the sun came up...no bueno.

Put it this way, I leave for work at 0525 every morning. Just from walking down my driveway to the Chevy, I'm already sweating. This morning it was 81 degrees with 90% humidity before the sun came up...no bueno.
I left for work this morning and had the same conditions in northeast Oklahoma. It is gross.

Back