• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tired of your retrieval line getting tangled...??

deleted_user01

I picked up a high speed chalk line , took out the string it came with and loaded it with zing it line. I tryed it out tonight and it worked great for retrieving my rappell line. When you're ready to rappell, hook up the line to your tail or delta , drop the chalk box to the ground and go....after your rope is pulled down wind up the zing line (very fast) wrap the rope and toss it in your pack.
No more figure eight and try and remember how to unwrap it..the little extra bulk is a blessing in disguise....

I use mine for a haul line too. Would that work? Could you pull up a pack with it?

Lowering it wouldn't work though...if you need the device in the ground.

I have some of the heavier ZingIt

Dang !! Great idea

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I use mine for a haul line too. Would that work? Could you pull up a pack with it?

Lowering it wouldn't work though...if you need the device in the ground.

I have some of the heavier ZingIt

It wouldn't work for winding any heavy loads as the gear ratio is for speed , not power. As long as pulled the pack or bow up by hand with the string maybe ... the zing line is pretty small diameter and may cut into your hands.

Last edited:
Now if you could get doe in heat scented chalk......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a chalk box until I found the doyles hoist. It is superior to paracord flailing all around, and not as good as the hoist.

I was going to buy the cheaper chalk box but this one has an aluminum housing and metal gears as well as the Dyneema line.
Do you use the Doyles hoist for your throw line?

I was going to buy the cheaper chalk box but this one has an aluminum housing and metal gears as well as the Dyneema line.
Do you use the Doyles hoist for your throw line?

I use it for pulling gear up, and I attach it to my girth hitch when rappelling down to be able to pull my rope out the tree once I'm at ground level. I don't use a throw line much - but when I do I just figure 8 it around my thumb and pinky and set it on the ground before throwing.

I just picked up a 'TUG' brand retractable dog leash for our new puppers. At 16ft it might be just a hair short, but dang if it isn't almost perfect to be a hoist device.

I just picked up a 'TUG' brand retractable dog leash for our new puppers. At 16ft it might be just a hair short, but dang if it isn't almost perfect to be a hoist device.
I was going to do this and just attach a 10 foot piece of paracord to the handle to get to 26 feet.

I just got my 12 oz throw weight today. The 6X speed chalk reel I bought cannot reel this in. Too much speed and not enough torque.
It is what it is. I didn't think it would. The advantage is no tangles, at least so far.

I was just over practicing at the park. The throwbag is much easier than the PVC plumbing fixture I used before.
The Dyneema line on the chalk line tangled pretty bad at one point but the slickness of the line made untangling easy.

Back