• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TL Saddle instructions/manual?

graywarrant

Just picked up a new to TL Saddle. Watched several howto videos, but I'm a bit old school and like to read.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a manual for a TL Saddle?

Searching the forum via Tapatalk for trophy line manual or instructions didn't get me any results.

Thanks -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cf73fb58ced4df690841173b4e92cd52.jpg

I think the one I bought new came with a dvd

Showed stuff like how to wrap the tree strap

yep still got it

IMG_1415.jpg

Last edited:
I think the one I bought new came with a dvd

Showed stuff like how to wrap the tree strap

yep still got it

Thanks Red and sb220.

Red - When I get time I'll try to retype that, maybe you can add it to the sticky you have started.

When I looked at the "Power Shot" without enlarging the image, I thought it showed the hunter napping - my kind of powershot!

sb220 - Any possibility in uploading those videos to youtube or elsewhere?

Thanks -

Ray

Thanks Red and sb220.

Red - When I get time I'll try to retype that, maybe you can add it to the sticky you have started.

When I looked at the "Power Shot" without enlarging the image, I thought it showed the hunter napping - my kind of powershot!

Thanks -

Ray

That's the powernap

Thanks -

Ray

maybe. Took me ten minutes to figure out how to open the computer door to access the cd rom. Now I have to investigate why it wont turn on/open up

Red has a museum of saddle stuff. Bet he even has a saddle toilet seat in his house.

@bassboysllc is the one who likes taking a dump from the saddle!

I may have the trophyline DVD laying around. I'm in a tree most of the weekend but if I can find it I'll see what I can do.

I typed up the instruction sheet Red posted:

Tree Saddle(tm) Tips & Tricks

Taking Care of Your Tree Saddle(tm)
-Wax the webbing belts on your Tree Saddle at least once a year with a block of paraffin
wax (Gulf Wax) or candle wax to keep them pliable and quiet. This includes the Safety Belt, Swivel Loop and Safety Assist Strap.
-Do not put the Tree Saddle(tm) in the washing machine. Use a scent eliminator and store the Tree Saddle(tm) in a scent free bag.
-For the leather Tree Saddle(tm), pack it in a box of leaves or pine needles; the leather will absorb the odor.

Finding Your Comfort Zones in the Tree Saddle(tm)
-Learn to Maneuver in your Tree Saddle(tm) in the most upright position hooked up at the BASE of a tree with the Safety Belt tied off as far over your head as you can reach as instructed in the instructional video/DVD and brochure. Once you become completely familiar with it, you can try different positions to determine what is most comfortable for you. For different comfort zones you:
-can tie the Safety Belt a little higher or lower. Never wrap the Safety Belt around the tree below shoulder height.
-may find it a little more comfortable to wrap the Safety Belt around the tree at forehead height. a little lower than normal.
-will find that the higher the Safety Belt is tied off, the more weight it lifts up off of your feet with the Tree Saddle(tm) lifting up in the seat area. The lower the belt is tied off, the less weight it lifts.
-can take all of the weight off of your feet by lowering yourself to a fully seated position.
-find that it takes about three experiences hunting from the Tree Saddle(tm) to determine your personal comfort zones.
-can shift your weight from one foot to the other without moving; this will allow you to stay warmer when hunting in cold climates.
-The Tree Saddle(tm) should CRADLE your SEAT like a Hammock with the top front corners falling on the front of your thighs, NEVER behind your hip bones. It’s okay for the corners to touch. Get the right size for your waist size; not for your heavy hunting clothing. Between sizes? Go with the larger size for greater comfort.

Tips & Tricks for Optimum Use of the Tree Saddle(tm) NEW HOT LINE! Talk to the Inventor
-Remove your wallet from your back pocket; place it and your cell phone in a safe place. They can create pressure points which can become uncomfortable. Place your cell phone in a pouch or jacket pocket that is easily accessible in case of emergency.
-When hunting in a leaning tree, always hook up on the TOP side of the lean with a couple extra steps installed at the sides of the tree on either side placed towards the back of the tree.
-To maneuver AROUND the tree with CONTROL, from an upright position, bend your knees to the tree to lower your center of Gravity. This will allow you to maintain Complete control of your movement as you move stealthily around the tree.
-When hunting with FIREARMS, you can use the tree as a natural rest.
-When turning to shoot behind you, push away from the tree with your feet turning on the balls of your feet, while turning your ENTIRE body in the direction you’re shooting. Let the Tree Saddle(tm) move with you, turning your body while keeping you secure in the tree. DO NOT twist your back to turn.
-When hunting from the Tree Saddle(tm), right after hooking up, practice aiming your weapon or draw your bow at least once.
-If you like to ground hunt, hook up the Tree Saddle(tm) at the base of a tree. Your seat and feet will not fall asleep: and you will always have the tree as a natural blind. You can easily and quietly move behind the tree to hide, never getting caught out in front of the tree. You can Hunt as High or as Low as You like to hunt. You won’t get busted as much with your new silhouette.
-Keep a folding limb saw and at least one equipment hanger (Butterfly Screw) packed in your Tree Saddle(tm).
-Always follow Hunter Safety guidelines. Visit IHEA and NBEF online.

HTHs -

Ray

Interesting photos. Looking at those 8 shot positions, I can't even imagine hanging from a tree leaning as much as the one depicted in the second photo from the left in the bottom row. If you let yourself swing around to the low side of the tree, how would you ever resume your position on the top side? I guess you better be prepared to rappel down?

Anyone ever try to set up on a tree that was leaning that much?

I like what he said about ground hunting. That is exactly what I did when I killed my two turkeys this spring.

I was wondering about hunting that way a few times in thick stuff for deer.

Would that type of hunt count in the saddle hunting contest. Ground hunting from a saddle?

I like what he said about ground hunting. That is exactly what I did when I killed my two turkeys this spring.

I was wondering about hunting that way a few times in thick stuff for deer.

Would that type of hunt count in the saddle hunting contest. Ground hunting from a saddle?

As long as you were in your saddle and hanging off the tree I'd count it.

As long as you were in your saddle and hanging off the tree I'd count it.
That is how I killed two toms this year... Guidos web - Good cover... and comfortable.
After my experience this spring, I am sure I would always use a saddle if hunting off the ground. Dry, comfortable and stealthy. I am not sure why you would ever need a ground blind.

Interesting photos. Looking at those 8 shot positions, I can't even imagine hanging from a tree leaning as much as the one depicted in the second photo from the left in the bottom row. If you let yourself swing around to the low side of the tree, how would you ever resume your position on the top side? I guess you better be prepared to rappel down?

Anyone ever try to set up on a tree that was leaning that much?

I think that's Eberhart. Think I saw that photo in one of his books

I couldn't figure out my cdrom to upload OP. got it to power up, but it just gives me unplayable files of the disc, while my Blu-ray plays the disc fine. Bought this computer from best buy about a year ago and this is first time I had tried to use the cdrom :blush:. sign of times, CDs are basically vhs now

Back