• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Took the boy rabbit hunting today.

rnomad

so I've got a hunting story for you. Took my 4yr old son with me out rabbit hunting. He loves to squirrel hunt to. He lasted the whole hunt and we did get a rabbit. The dogs ran about four but the area I hunt is getting overgrown and I also use a .25 cal air gun. So were done for the day pack up and head home. Stopped to meed a guy from craigslist to grab a summit climbing stick for $40. While we standing there talking one of my dogs pops his head out. I walked over amazed he was out went to put him back. The box I have is homemade its a three hole box that only has two doors on it for the time being. The rabbit was in the third hole well at least half of him was. Jack was determined to what he thought was at least half his. LMAO !!!!!!! My son was mad cause his heart was set on rabbit for dinner. My girlfriends dad asked if we got a rabbit I said " Yes but the DOG ATE IT." He replied sounds like a hunting story to me!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: LMAO

Attachments

• IMG_0838_NEW.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 528
I took my youngest for a first duck hunt in November. He did well. The first thing I noticed was he sees better in the dark. When the first flick came by he stood up, pointed and yelled "here come some birds" The birds circumvented us and carried on. We discussed it and after that he was spot on. He had fun and helped clean the birds at home. He says he'll come again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fawnzy said:
I took my youngest for a first duck hunt in November. He did well. The first thing I noticed was he sees better in the dark. When the first flick came by he stood up, pointed and yelled "here come some birds" The birds circumvented us and carried on. We discussed it and after that he was spot on. He had fun and helped clean the birds at home. He says he'll come again

AWESOME!!! :D

That great!!! I figured he would be so loud I wouldn't get to see a rabbit but the puppy I took was the one I guess I should of been worried about. We didn't have to clean anything tho I devided the rest of the rabbit between the other three after that. He does help with my deer tho. He cleans all the scraps off the sinue with a butter knife.

Cool! Hey I've only used a hunting knife for sinew. How's the butter knife work?

My sons only four is why he had a butter knife but it seem to work real well it didn't cut through the sinew came off with not much effort try it works great for him and me. He's only removing the scrap meat off the sinew tho.

Back