• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Top 5 pieces of gear from this season

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Last edited:
I'm going to call it my top 5 "new for 2017" pieces of gear

1) onx map app .I started with a cheaper gotrex a decade ago and have used motionx for the past few years....never realized what a proper gps/app could do, but with onx I can mark an unfamiliar location on my desktop the night before and my phone will take me STRAIGHT to it in the dark.

2) new climbing harness with QR buckles https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-Climb...96776&sr=8-4&keywords=fusion+climbing+harness
Anybody using a RC harness and hates putting one on should check this out

3) Tree Quickie https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=181&item=16460
After putting a little tape on one side of it to silence, it is the end all be all for moving a tether around limbs (if you don't want to sideload a carabiner....but nothing beats a carabiner as far as speed)

4) Black diamond ATC sport/sterling hollow block
Light, cheap and smooth rappel

5) Klemz platform
light and minimal profile to pack. fast and easy to setup (small though, I like it near the top of my stick so I can use the stick as a side step)

Saddle hunts while wearing tights...
d03f50e7804986d5edb8659717e2c9c9.jpg

Still too manly for Crocs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to call it my top 5 "new for 2017" pieces of gear

1) onx map app .I started with a cheaper gotrex a decade ago and have used motionx for the past few years....never realized what a proper gps/app could do, but with onx I can mark an unfamiliar location on my desktop the night before and my phone will take me STRAIGHT to it in the dark.

2) new climbing harness with QR buckles https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-Climb...96776&sr=8-4&keywords=fusion+climbing+harness
Anybody using a RC harness and hates putting one on should check this out

3) Tree Quickie https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=181&item=16460
After putting a little tape on one side of it to silence, it is the end all be all for moving a tether around limbs (if you don't want to sideload a carabiner....but nothing beats a carabiner as far as speed)

4) Black diamond ATC sport/sterling hollow block
Light, cheap and smooth rappel

5) Klemz platform
light and minimal profile to pack. fast and easy to setup (small though, I like it near the top of my stick so I can use the stick as a side step)

Great Post - now video the SB Boogie and you'll be in business!!! lol.

This should be interesting. Anyone else notice that G2 did NOT list crocs? its a scam!

I didn't have mine for the video, because you never mailed them back. Remember when you PM'd me and asked to borrow mine before you bought a pair? I guess you really liked them because they've disappeared!

I didn't have mine for the video, because you never mailed them back. Remember when you PM'd me and asked to borrow mine before you bought a pair? I guess you really liked them because they've disappeared!
OMG :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Awww Snap! That’s funny right there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back