• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Traditional small game hunting

noxninja

What game heads do you use for squirrel and rabbit? Do you use a regular arrow or a flu flu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My small game hunting is limited to shooting at something small on my way back from an unsuccessful hunt for something big... Word of advice! Do NOT use a broadhead to shoot at a racoon running up the side of the tree. After your arrow has decided it wants to become a branch, the racoon will turn around and laugh at you!

3 rivers is awesome! I talked with them on live chat. Got some on the way! Hammers or something like that? Saw too many squirrels on Saturday and was not prepared.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N2B9OTG/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A3LELU3A4KGHS4&psc=1
Here's a copy of the hammers a little cheaper.
G5's worked a little better than the judos for me as far as lost arrows.
I use fluflu's for squirrels up in the trees with a G5, hammer, or field tip/ adder combo. Same for bunnies and stumping. If I'm in my saddle or a hang on, I always bring a couple small game tipped arrows I use for big game in my quiver, mid day lulls are broken with a couple squacks for the freezer till there's enough for a weekend snack....

Back