• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trail cam camo

sdonx

SH Member
Never liked how most cameras stick out and are not camo’d well. I bought two Spypoint Link Evos and decided to try something quick. Here’s what I ended up with so far. I may glue some more in the front. This is removable. I alway put my cams out of arms reach, i carry a step or two when setting them.
86a031ea2a25c69194727ed2eb8452e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks cool, but will might hold moisture and possibly freeze. I saw somewhere on you tube where a guy used spray adhesive and sprinkled debris (leaves and bark chips, etc.) from the forest floor on his and you could hardly see them even when you looked right at them.

I typically take a large branch and lean it against the side of the cam. Helps break up the outline. Btw your cams look warm....kinda like ET

Looks cool, but will might hold moisture and possibly freeze. I saw somewhere on you tube where a guy used spray adhesive and sprinkled debris (leaves and bark chips, etc.) from the forest floor on his and you could hardly see them even when you looked right at them.

Dude I like this idea. What kind of adhesive?

Just cut off or find some small limbs with leaves on it and brush it in on both sides. Always hang as far as you can reach above your head...this keeps it out of a deer's line of sight and most people. I've been doing this for years on heavily hunted public ground and luckily I've never had a camera stolen. I even use my expensive Reconyx cameras on public!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

I took this picture back in 2013 or 14 when I really started brushing them in. It will at least give you an idea of brushing it in. Sometime later that year, I started hanging them higher in the tree.
3acfd178df54cd6a8e9e2a57613b0f91.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Some of mine at black on the sides. I spray paint them. It helps a lot. Spray paint camo usually blends better than the original camo on them anyway. Some 3D brush helps even more.

I may try and superglue some bark/ sticks to the fleece while I'm out there, maybe even thread them in thru the fleece with some black floss. These will be on public land, so I hope to keep them hidden enough. I know they will be high enough.

20180327_211525.jpg I paint mine as well using the G2 stick paint process. They blend in pretty good on the tree, not so much on the kitchen table.:grinning:

I sometimes use wood glue and dirt/debris/tree bark - someone did a video several years back Dave Mullins I believe - works great and can be customized to where you hang them.

Dude I like this idea. What kind of adhesive?

This guy was trying to stop illegal dumping at the gate to his property and did a pretty good job of concealing his cameras.

This other guy goes into detail on how he camouflages his cameras. He's using Loc-tite heavy duty spray adhesive and cheap white caulk. Personally I would use a brown colored caulk for a little bit better concealment.

This guy was trying to stop illegal dumping at the gate to his property and did a pretty good job of concealing his cameras.

This other guy goes into detail on how he camouflages his cameras. He's using Loc-tite heavy duty spray adhesive and cheap white caulk. Personally I would use a brown colored caulk for a little bit better concealment.

I like it man. Great ideas!

I use to build trail cameras in my spare time. I didn’t like that most commercial cams took poor photos. I enjoyed camo’ing the cams up.

97600a5b5236786569de70ae4fecc08f.jpg

52b5af2a06ceaeb2ba76b1daed98ebee.jpg

I even camo up my commercial cams now
79457aa03e758f4bd9263d210250820b.jpg

Couple pics off the cams

aa3b0aa33bfcf4885504c32fd6173944.jpg

9024824b32b9b864fb36763602eaa455.jpg

c9c1d6f71b493a88ea7a92f645c3138d.jpg

2db66bce5c24455ecb02008d4e0ad4b9.jpeg

cd9996de5c39168d0a5860311e91998e.jpg

OK you can't just post pics like that with out a DIY build/instructions - it just isn't right.

Back