• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Transporting fixed length bridge?

bowhunter15

Vendor Rep
I know some of you use fixed length webbing or amsteel bridges. My fixed bridge for my SitDrag was long enough that I could flip it up over my head while walking.

I've found that with the Kestrel, I need a shorter bridge. Now it's not long enough to flip over my head, and if I let it hang it's down by my knees. For the guys using shorter fixed length bridges, how do you walk with them? I realize I could make it removable with carabiners or make an adjustable rope bridge but would prefer to minimize the metal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was using the backband clips to clip it up and out of the way. I went short enough where I don't need that now to keep it away from my knees but I'm looking for a better way so it's not catching on anything when climbing. I'm still brainstorming.

I clip it to my chest strap on my backpack. Still brainstorming too.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I don't have the kestrel so I don't know what you have to clip to but this is how I do it with my sitdrag

Great way to manage the ropes. I have been doing it this way ever since Boswell posted this video a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back