• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trying to find a ropeman1...

Gettin Closer

Does anyone know where I can find a ropeman1 that is currently available? I can find them that are 3 weeks out but none that are available now. Wanted to see if I could find one and get it by this weekend. I find them for $34 or $36.

Just a heads up . Trekkin is out of the United Kingdom, and takes a little while to get stuff, so I wouldn't expect to get it by the weekend.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys. I saw the trecinn people where not going to be able to deliver till later this month... but with shipping and everything it cam out to be $42. I went ahead and ordered it.

I did not realize that MEC was priced in Canadian dollars and I figured for the price difference I would just wait a little longer for delivery... thanks for your help.

This must be a much sought after item or they have low production as it is harder to find.

I just purchased my Ropeman 1 from Trekkin. They said they had it in stock but it shipped from the Netherlands and took at least a month.

All good things take time! Lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I think they really focus more on production of the Ropeman 2. They recently re-engineered the 1, though, so I hope supply picks back up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes the 1 better than the 2 for saddle hunting purposes?

What makes the 1 better than the 2 for saddle hunting purposes?
Only thing Ive seen stated here about it is the small teeth of the 2 might be more likely to damage your rope.

But then this climbing gear site claims the 2 has a "more rope friendly design"
https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4443

Plus the 2 goes down to 8mm = smaller/lighter tethers

So is ropeman 2 being bad an old wives tale here or does someone have legit knowledge or experience

I had a Ropeman 2 and I sold it. It's not nearly as easy to adjust as the 1. The teeth really bite into the rope and sometimes you have to wiggle it back and forth to free it. With the Ropeman 1, there are zero issues to worry about.

I still have two ropeman 2 because I forgot to send them back to backcounty. I bought them originally bc I couldn't find the ropeman 1 but eventually found the on backcountry.com again. The #2 tears up your rope and the #1 doesn't leave a mark. It's worth waiting to find a #1

I still have two ropeman 2 because I forgot to send them back to backcounty. I bought them originally bc I couldn't find the ropeman 1 but eventually found the on backcountry.com again. The #2 tears up your rope and the #1 doesn't leave a mark. It's worth waiting to find a #1

Yup it tears the rope

Backcountry is where I got mine cheap too less than some go used. Be patient and surf the net

I'm convinced. I will have to wait until march for delivery from U.K. But it's in its way.

You won't regret it... the 1 is totally superior for our uses.

Back