• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TS 8 tree saddle info

BigAl

Anyone have one like this? I've purchased one and no pouch on it. What ideas out there for a replacement? How bout waxing? Saw a guy doing this......is that necessary? I'm new to saddle hunting and I have hunted out of a web only. All tips welcome.

I would need some pics but you will need to use the webbing tether (tree strap) that may or may not have come with it, the webbing linemans belt that hooks onto the loops on both sides of your waist. The waist strap that you tighten when walking is the bridge that hooks to the tether (tree strap). I never used the webbing linemans belt or tether, I replaced them both with rope.

I finally found some videos to help on some things. Thanks for the help. What do most guys use as pouches on either side? Also, I just wondered if one needs to wax the saddle as well as the straps? Thanks again for your time.

I haven’t been saddlehunting long. I have never waxed my TL but I will let the Trophyline ambassador @huck72412 to chime in! Side pouches you can sometimes find the originals and snatch them up. Also amazon has some decent ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally found some videos to help on some things. Thanks for the help. What do most guys use as pouches on either side? Also, I just wondered if one needs to wax the saddle as well as the straps? Thanks again for your time.
You can just wax the webbing with paraffin wax.

Back