• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turkey Hunting

valerio024

Hey Guys! Over the past several years I have become addicted to turkey hunting (sometimes I think it’s more fun than deer hunting ). I have had good success turkey hunting in Ohio and I was able to fill both my gobbler tags last year.
d7e379772a2cf6f048f6f6d1eb1c2b9f.jpg
fcede65999fa3e4081e2c54aebc3ae8d.jpg

I am looking to travel to another state to do some hunting this spring. Does anyone have some good public land suggestions that I could try? I don’t mind a day or so worth of driving. Thanks for any pointers fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I could point you towards some great public land in Missouri, but that’s a hike every place I’m familiar with is from central on west.......

Go to Fort Stewart where we did the pig hunt. I saw WAY more turkeys than pigs :D

You should try Pa with a bow. It's alot of fun and there's alot of public land

I turkey hunted some on Daniel Boone National forest when I was in college, there is a ton of land to hunt if you don't mind climbing some pretty big hills..... never killed a bird there but we heard several.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back