• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turkey...

catman529

How many here are into turkey hunting? I figure saddles don't serve much purpose in the turkey woods unless you use one as a chair at ground level. I hit the woods this morning to listen, and found the birds, and let's say I am fired up and ready to go. 13 days till season here in TN.

How many here are into turkey hunting? I figure saddles don't serve much purpose in the turkey woods unless you use one as a chair at ground level. I hit the woods this morning to listen, and found the birds, and let's say I am fired up and ready to go. 13 days till season here in TN.
I can't wait!!! Hopefully I'll be hitting 3-4 states this year. I'll be using my bow here in Michigan, so the saddle will help me hide while drawing the bow!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I love to sit behind a tree in a saddle at ground level and kill turkeys. A tree makes great cover.

I killed one yesterday, opening day in Fl. Low 20#’s with 8 3/4” beard. Next is longbow time. The Stoeger with Carlson choke and Win Longbeard XR ammo is a head splitting combo though. Has to be shot like a rifle out to 30 but it’ll put nearly a hundred pellets in a head/ next target at 40. Sick combo.

Just watched your video catman. I'm fired up too.

I've been thinking about taking my Sit Drag out this year. I'm working on permission to a new spot. The lady liked to idea of bow hunting more than she did gun hunting. So it will come in handy hiding behind the tree if I get that permission.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Enjoy turkey hunting also. But we have to wait til April 14th here in VA.... Jealous of you guys already hunting!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mississippi is already open. Carried a youth 2 weekends ago and called up 5 gobblers for him, he missed but we had a blast. Birds gobbled really good but since the regular season has opened, I have not heard a gobble. Called in some loud mouth hens and one gobbler, no shot on the big bird.
Love hunting coyotes but toms run in a close 2nd.

I LOVE turkey hunting!! I did some scouting Saturday and put out some cameras to try and locate a few. Our season opens April 16th. I am planning a backpack hunt in the mountains sometime around first of May just for something different.

I know where there are lots of local turkeys to hunt late April opener.
I hope to get em then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

April 25th is the Indiana opener. Can’t wait

April 18th is the opener here in WI. I have a tag for the first week and the third week. Probably end up with one for the forth and fifth week also, because I can’t get enough. I have some toms located with a couple of plans in place. I was within 10 yds if a couple giant toms Sunday while scouting- got some good video. Should be some heavy birds with the mild winter we had. Can’t wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Maryland & youth season comes in 4/14 then headed to Missouri to hunt w/ my Dad. Prob 4/19-4/25, then probably weekend warrior in western md chasing mountain gobblers. Can’t wait! Actually can keep myself up at night thinking about turkey hunting!

First bowkill without a blind last season. Had killed a few from a double bull but decided that tents are for camping lol. Late April for us Hoosiers but have a youth hunter the weekend before regular opener. I try to hold off focussing on it to much except practicing shooting off the ground, I get way to wound up with it. May get a sit drag to try this year. Bowhunt or Die, Good luck everyone.

I think if they started saddle hunting it would take off! Plus they would become members here which would be a bonus.

I think they need to come to TN and hunt with Catman too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back