• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turtle loving

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
1b782c788b1d55c58e009154407497d1.jpg

Seen it a couple times. This year I found 2 males fighting. One killed the other. Bit his head up till it died, then walked off. Didn't think they were so vicious! Lol

Back when I turkey hunted the MO Ozarks, I knew a guy who converted smaller box turtle shells that he found into slate turkey calls. They were very distinctive looking and sounded good, too.

5cfcdd6ac55259a33f4c197e610ac137.jpg

Found this guy the other day. I thought he was dead cause I was tapping his shell with my pole saw and he didn't move. Finally gave me a look and took off under the bank.

I saw 4 of box turtles this week end haha breeding season..thought it was syrange to see so many

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Gravy meat right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Them boys up there just don't know what they missing. In La if you see one crossing the road you better stop right there and stop traffic because if you pass it up and think you gonna turn around and pull over to get it, someone will have beat you to it. Lol
Got to open the door and swoop it up and toss it into the bed of the truck all in one motion without ever hitting the brakes!

Back