• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Useful links sticky

Is it possible for people to start adding reputable places to buy supplies like thread, cordura fabric/other fabric, webbing,etc. to this thread.

I know The Thread Exchange is good place to get thread and www.rockywoods.com is the only place I found online to get the gutermann thread and know for sure what it’s breaking strength is.

I am currently looking for a good place to buy cordura at a decent price.

Ripstopbytheroll.com has alot of different fabrics. Etsy and ebay too

Is it possible for people to start adding reputable places to buy supplies like thread, cordura fabric/other fabric, webbing,etc. to this thread.

I know The Thread Exchange is good place to get thread and www.rockywoods.com is the only place I found online to get the gutermann thread and know for sure what it’s breaking strength is.

I am currently looking for a good place to buy cordura at a decent price.
Cordura I usually get on eBay. I have been happy so far.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What about links to a source of DIY steel cable climbing aiders like the LW ones?
I have access to free 1/4" lifting cables at work with lifting eyes and have a few ideas on how to attach them to my sticks.
When I try one out will post results here. Also have access to hardened 1/4" stainless steel cable we use for making life lines I'd like to try out. But I suspect it might be too stiff to bend into eyes small enough to work without bird caging.

Gave aiders made from synthetic fabrics a try and didn't work so well with my size 14 and 15 XXW boots especially my USGI MM boots.

Back