WE Stepps and CamoForm Tape

Discussion in 'Climbing methods and platforms' started by swampsnyper, Apr 12, 2018.

1. swampsnyper

swampsnyper Well-Known Member

An 8 pack took a roll and a 1/2. It came out much better than my other set which I did in stealth strips. The stealth strips are starting to peel back at the seam and I only used the steps in the yard practicing. It would work better on flat surfaces. Wrapping the camo form tape around the bends of the Stepps is a lot more secure. Could have wrapped the stealth strips but wrapping uses a lot more material and would have been too expensive.
    [​IMG]

2. elk yinzer

elk yinzer Member

Do you have a link to the tape you used? Is it just plain cotton hockey tape? I like stealth strips for a few applications but the cotton stuff is hard to beat, I find wrapping adheres much better.

https://www.amazon.com/Renfrew-Patt...d=1523551578&sr=8-12&keywords=camo+cloth+tape

This has been my go-to but I am out and it is kind of pricey, I feel like I should be able to get a roll for half that but maybe being too stingy.

3. g2outdoors

g2outdoors Well-Known Member

4. g2outdoors

g2outdoors Well-Known Member

I wrap all my stuff in it and it holds up great. You can see it in my latest spur video.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

5. Dewey

Dewey Active Member

I used the hockey tape on my XOP platform and had an issue with the tape getting really tacky and sticking to the bottom of my boots in warm weather. Seems the adhesive seeped thru the fabric. Everytime I moved my foot it made a snapping sound as my boot popped free. Ended up tearing it all off to eliminate the problem. May not be an issue for just climbing but if you use a few Stepps on top for a platform you will no doubt experience this as well.

6. BassBoysLLP

BassBoysLLP Well-Known Member

Stealth strips for me. Full wrap!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7. swampsnyper

swampsnyper Well-Known Member

https://www.ebay.com/itm/McNett-Cam...991433&hash=item5687c6765d:g:dDAAAOSwQupXUEgT

Camo form is a self clinging tape. Not sticky residue. It only clings to itself. Ive been using it for years. There are cheaper brands. Tractor supply had some in camo for wrapping horse legs, but it didn't self cling as well as the camo form and isn't as tuff or thick. It was cheaper but there is a whole lot more on the camo form roll than the cheaper ones I tried.

8. bigjoe

bigjoe Well-Known Member

Thank you swamp-I ordered two rolls of the camo tape.

swampsnyper likes this.
  9. IkemanTX

IkemanTX Well-Known Member

10. d_rek

d_rek Well-Known Member

Stealth strips are great but don't ever plan on removing it. Not without a big mess anyway.

IkemanTX likes this.
  11. redsquirrel

redsquirrel Administrator
    Staff Member

I love camo form but it was pricey. Search camo vet wrap tape on amazon. I started buying it in bulk cause I use it on everything. It worked well on my stepps.