• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WE Stepps and CamoForm Tape

swampsnyper

An 8 pack took a roll and a 1/2. It came out much better than my other set which I did in stealth strips. The stealth strips are starting to peel back at the seam and I only used the steps in the yard practicing. It would work better on flat surfaces. Wrapping the camo form tape around the bends of the Stepps is a lot more secure. Could have wrapped the stealth strips but wrapping uses a lot more material and would have been too expensive.
5177f8b82fc8f933f049b87004ed93ab.jpg

Do you have a link to the tape you used? Is it just plain cotton hockey tape? I like stealth strips for a few applications but the cotton stuff is hard to beat, I find wrapping adheres much better.

https://www.amazon.com/Renfrew-Patt...d=1523551578&sr=8-12&keywords=camo+cloth+tape

This has been my go-to but I am out and it is kind of pricey, I feel like I should be able to get a roll for half that but maybe being too stingy.

I wrap all my stuff in it and it holds up great. You can see it in my latest spur video.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I used the hockey tape on my XOP platform and had an issue with the tape getting really tacky and sticking to the bottom of my boots in warm weather. Seems the adhesive seeped thru the fabric. Everytime I moved my foot it made a snapping sound as my boot popped free. Ended up tearing it all off to eliminate the problem. May not be an issue for just climbing but if you use a few Stepps on top for a platform you will no doubt experience this as well.

Stealth strips for me. Full wrap!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/McNett-Cam...991433&hash=item5687c6765d:g:dDAAAOSwQupXUEgT

Camo form is a self clinging tape. Not sticky residue. It only clings to itself. Ive been using it for years. There are cheaper brands. Tractor supply had some in camo for wrapping horse legs, but it didn't self cling as well as the camo form and isn't as tuff or thick. It was cheaper but there is a whole lot more on the camo form roll than the cheaper ones I tried.

I love camo form but it was pricey. Search camo vet wrap tape on amazon. I started buying it in bulk cause I use it on everything. It worked well on my stepps.

Back