• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Webbing hardware

Stoney_06

So I've yet to hang from a tree but I'm still enamored with the idea of both a saddle and sleeping up high. The sleeping up high continues to take up alot of my thoughts during the day. I can't help but to think about how cool it would be to wake up already in the tree without having to stumble through the dark. Anyways, I noticed that in a demo video for the Treeboat that the hardware being used was what looked to be a triglide with an sliding bar. I've scoured the internet but am yet to find a piece of hardware that gives a weight load rating for a piece of hardware like that. I don't want to buy something and assume that just because it's metal it'll be safe. I'm also curious if there is any manufacture who makes something like a triglide but with 2 slider bars so that a fella could connect two strap ends to a single piece of hardware. If not I've figured out how to get it done with to single slider pieces. Either way, I'm getting closer to sleeping with the birds. I even found a few stands of trees where I can do a hammock style setup versus a single point.

Oh! Side question, do you guys think 1" webbing is strong enough to do a bridge hammock/boat from or should I bump up in size?

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Whatever you do just don't roll over in your sleep @ 25 ft up...
LOL! Right. Who needs coffee when you can just get a quick adrenaline rush. To be honest I'm not worried about rolling over so much as having a bad tie off somewhere. The more I research it the more excited I am to do it.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Try googling austrialpin triglides or go to their site. I have got a few aluminum triglides with weight ratings.

Back