• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Well, I Bagged a Doe Last Week

ricky racer

Coming home from work last week I had my first street accident while riding my motorcycle. I've been riding a motorcycle on and off road since I was 16 years old so that's over 45 years of riding. I worked an extremely long shift (17 hrs.) and was on my way home around midnight when a mature doe ran full speed out in front of me. I was running about 50 mph at the time of the collision. I had no time to even react. I hit her right behind the shoulder and when everything was done, she was dead, the bike was totaled and I was beat up but fortunately I did not receive any broken bones nor internal injuries. I was able to get up and walk over to the ambulance when they got there. I've got some really sore ribs, a sore shoulder and a little road rash on my knees and lower legs. The ambulance crew and ER doctor said that they just don't see people walk away from a deer/motorcycle collision. I wear good protective gear including a helmet but here is no doubt that the Good Lord was looking out for me.

Wow glad you're OK! My uncle took a spill on a bike a few years ago and really screwed up his knees. And my dad has long-term damage to his hands and forearm from injuries he sustained on a bike when I was very young. Count your blessings!

Man you got lucky. God was with you that's for sure. Glad to hear your ok. Bikes are replaceable

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Holy cow. I'm glad you are ok. God definitely was on your side. I hate riding at night specifically because of deer. What a story.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CRAZINESS! At least the hunter in you made sure to take her right behind the shoulder. :)

Really glad this story has a happy(ish) ending. Too often incidents like these don't bring good news.

Prayers said !!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

prayers for quick recovery, any pics?

I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes as I recover. I am a blessed man, no doubt. I went to my doctor yesterday to get a slip to allow me to go back to work and he said that it was a miracle that I didn't break any bones or have internal injuries. He told my that I need to thank the Lord for sparing me from injuries that could have been so much worse. Trust me, I have.

IMG_0937.jpg

Amazing. I've come close on a bike to hitting deer. But fortunately only hot a raccoon and as young Turkey. No damage except for a broken windshield with the turkey.

Back