• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What Ozone machine?

bigjoe

Gents,

I am currently looking at an ozone system. What ozone generator and containers do you use? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

I got the same unit. I love it!

Be careful with really high shock levels of ozone..... I had some long johns lose all elasticity, and had my new Sitka base layer lose a good bit of color right up against where the stone contacted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Those are a good price ^^^

I used these heavy duty totes from Academy, but I’m sure you could get them elsewhere. I am really impressed with them. I’m even considering getting a few more and putting all camping stuff in them for the whole family. That way, we just grab 2 on the way out the door and we’re set.

454b2445979b6cb946d5dc155b418e66.jpg

https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/...vzkQK8HIGNG3xgnbjpTZgUayRkghPxc8aAjUCEALw_wcB

I used to own and like my Log6,but it finally bit the dust. I replaced it with an Aqua6 and I like it better than the Log6.
The Aqua 6 has 15 different timer settings, and it's small for taking on road trip hunts.
The first thing I do when I get to a stinky motel room is deodorize it with ozone. And I like generators that have a discharge hose. Seems like most units don't have hoses so it's hard to pump the ozone directly into boots, containers, etc.

For treatment containers, I've gone low budget and I actually like it better than tubs. I started using contractor grade garbage bags. I can isolate sets of clothing for the next hunt and stick the discharge hose in the bag. I give the bag a shake once or twice to disperse the ozone. When I get dressed for the next hunt, my clothing is already organized and separated in individual bags. I don't have to load tubs in the truck, I just grab the bag of deodorized clothes, drive to the parking spot, and dress from organized bags. I still use tubs for long term storage but for ozone treating, the bags are hard to beat. Cheap, very portable, and they have other uses. They make great odor free seat covers for driving to the hunt after showering and other odor reduction prep. They're good for laying stuff on to keep dry and uncontaminated from contact odor, too.

That’s what I have. I do 5 minutes with everything in my bathroom and leave the door closed overnite.

How much ozone is too much? Thinking about this machine linked below. 6,000mg for $70. Planning on treating my clothes and equipment in the box and topper of my truck.

Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 6,000mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer (6,000mg - Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JAP7388/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sVn1BbF1KQKCE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yikes, 6,000? Mine makes 600 and handles everything I want. 6k would be for treating larger spaces, I think.
Even my 600 can treat small rooms, but, do we really know what level we need to reduce odor to acceptable levels for a deers nose?

I considered similar units to the one in your link, but IMO, a generator with a hose discharge is preferred. O3 can be directed into bags or tubs with a hose. Can't do that as well with an open discharge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I use my hr200 to treat clothes. Not because it’s cheap just because I already had it. It works well. I have had decent results with it in the field. I’ve basically quit using it in the tree because it isn’t 100 percent and I seem to be sensitive to it if the wind switches and blows it back in my face. Makes me cough. I run it in a closet with my gear and then box them up.

How much ozone is too much? Thinking about this machine linked below. 6,000mg for $70. Planning on treating my clothes and equipment in the box and topper of my truck.

Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 6,000mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer (6,000mg - Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JAP7388/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sVn1BbF1KQKCE

I have this unit and use it for the cab of my truck and my hunting clothes and gear works great for the price and don't take long I think the key is too let everything air out after you use it

6k is way to much. The scent crusher unit I believe is 500 or 600. They did a lot of research before they started selling their units. To much will ruin elastic and plastic. I used the scent crusher unit for 2.5 years (it died this year) and only ran it for 5 to 10 min.

I have one that produces 5k I think and these guys are right, it’s way too much. Way way too much. Look at the R and D of reputable companies for this application.

Back