• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's for Dinner?

IkemanTX

There's a thread on another forum I'm on where everyone can post pics and/or recipes of whatever game dish they are preparing that day. I thought a similar thread would go well over here as well.

Here is yesterday's meal. Braised venison roast with mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, and onions.
8feb281d1ce16e09d8f88baa0c716789.jpg
f6de70a6f9996f40efcca2c36c7c9592.jpg

And tonight's dinner of venison chili (well, technically it is not a chili because my yankee wife demands beans in it). We also did cornbread hotdogs. Just cut between the weenies and you end up with a corn dog bun around each.
f62be3f0b6d510f68c1e1dfba6979ac2.jpg
20aa9db250cd3aa876c8ee33c8a18028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to have to try the hotdog cornbread. Kids will love it.

That's exactly why we did it! Do it in a bigger pan than normal so the cornbread isn't quite so tall. Makes the "dogs" easier to handle. Also, the dogs slow down the cooking of the interior so add a few minutes to the cook time.

Looks real good there. lol don't hate on us yankees from the north chili has beans LOL

Anyone else got any good game recipes? Pics are wanted!!

IMG_2274.JPG These are venison wrapped in bacon. The center is a stuffed jalapeño filled with cream cheese. Then wrap venison sliced like a thick bacon and wrap that with bacon flavor of your choice. Apple flavor or maple go well with this. They were supposed to originally be bite size but hell go big or go home!

View attachment 1649 These are venison wrapped in bacon. The center is a stuffed jalapeño filled with cream cheese. Then wrap venison sliced like a thick bacon and wrap that with bacon flavor of your choice. Apple flavor or maple go well with this. They were supposed to originally be bite size but hell go big or go home!
I've just seen heaven and it was good...

"When a human being willfully takes the life of a wild sentient creature, in my opinion, they are then separated forever from those who have not." -Shane Mahoney
I don't know when you started using that quote for your signature but it is amazing in it's truth.

Reactions: JWS
x2

Too many people are disconnected from this great earth and nature. It is insane the reaction you get when people see that my food isn't always neatly packaged and shrink wrapped!!

I don't know when you started using that quote for your signature but it is amazing in it's truth.

Still as powerful today as when I heard it over a year ago. IMO Shane Mahoney is a powerful voice for hunting and wild places. Very educated and informative human being who is a staunch advocate for hunting and outdoors.

They are heaven lol!! I modded a recipe which is what you see above. Let me tell you you stuff your face with these and then take a nap and woo thats a good day lol

We make them exactly like that, just need to try the apple bacon. I always have to "test" several before I bring them inside. Time to check freezer inventory......

I think that cornbread hotdog idea might work great with some venison sausages.

Back