• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Why not an Eye splice

Shane Wink

Like many here I have been ogling the new tribe Kestrel saddle. After looking at it for a bit the thought of adding an eye spice to the linemans belt and to the bridge would clean up the knots without sacrificing strength. Has anyone done this already to their lineman's belt or bridge and how does it perform ? FYI I would stitch the splice just for added safety.

So are the petzl rings removable? Are the screw lock or something?

So are the petzl rings removable? Are the screw lock or something?

There is a removable black section that is held in place by a screw
b54c8a9d74ef11715deaad716984eeca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I also prefer splices to knots. They're cleaner, less bulky and stronger. Win-win-win.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I have eye splices from tree stuff. Use it on my guido and aero. I want to try those rings. Maybe with a ropeman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ernie, what size pre splices double eye bridge did u end up going with? Where did u get it? Thanks.
Only one end is actually spliced, and it was called a tight eye. Let me see if I can find my receipt so I can tell you where I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back