• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WV public land bucks

suicyderider

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466987460761.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466987460761.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 176
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466987466340.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466987466340.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 178
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466987472622.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466987472622.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 178
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466987477560.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466987477560.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 180
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466987497403.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466987497403.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 177
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466987505471.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466987505471.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 176
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466987517495.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1466987517495.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 175
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466987525388.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1466987525388.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 172
Nice.
My friend is getting some good bucks on the property he's willing to let me bow hunt this year. (If I wanna hunt there come rifle season I'll have to coordinate with him) but even though I am seeing a couple bucks in the mornings and evenings, I haven't yet caught a single buck on camera this year. Tons of does and fawns now though. For now, I'm assuming they'll follow a similar pattern as previous years and they'll move into the area I concentrate on at the same time they have in the past.

Nice Bucks man still got some growing time but they will definetly be good. I am currently holding out on checking my cams till August but these photos dont help my restraint LOL :D

I LOVE EARLY SEASON TRAIL CAMS!

Unfortunately I'm in the process of moving to GA from NY and don't have any cams in the woods right now. I won't be able to put any out until mid September. Bummer.

g2outdoors said:
I LOVE EARLY SEASON TRAIL CAMS!

Unfortunately I'm in the process of moving to GA from NY and don't have any cams in the woods right now. I won't be able to put any out until mid September. Bummer.

At least you can still get some good rut pics!

G2 I feel your pain. I recently moved from western PA to northern VA and haven't had time to put any trail cameras out yet either. Moving is the worst. Hopefully your experience was better than mine. We had to fire the moving company day of our move bc they wanted more money the day of the move.

Zddog said:
G2 I feel your pain. I recently moved from western PA to northern VA and haven't had time to put any trail cameras out yet either. Moving is the worst. Hopefully your experience was better than mine. We had to fire the moving company day of our move bc they wanted more money the day of the move.

Unfortunately, we have moving down to a science. In the last 7 years we've moved from FL to OK to Columbus, GA to Augusta, GA to Colorado Springs, CO back to Augusta, GA to Upstate NY to Savannah GA. Throw in a couple really fun moves to 2 other countries...thank you Army. Moving sucks, there's no getting around it.

HOWEVER, Northern VA is a little slice of heaven right here on earth. I really loved living in VA while I was in college. I hope to end up there one day.

Oh yeah I will shut my mouth after seeing all those moves that made me tired just thinking about it lol. Thanks for your service G2.

What's been ur favorite place to hunt out of the places u lived. I have always wanted to hunt Colorado.
What part of Virginia did you go to school. I'm still getting used to how expensive it is here. I'm from western Pa and it's pretty cheap to live there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO without a doubt. I was able to get my feet wet with Elk and Mule Deer with Resident rate licenses and tags.

One of the issues with hunting out West is the way they do tags. I grew up in FL and hunted all over the southeast. Buying tags in the Eastern half of the US is relatively easy. Go to Walmart, buy your license, hunt during the appropriate seasons with the right weapon...simple. Out West it's way more complicated. You may draw a deer tag, you may not. If you do draw a tag you might only be able to hunt the first part of the season, but miss the rut. You can hunt elk on this side of the National forest, but not the other. That was pretty frustrating. I only drew 1 deer tag in 3 seasons. But chasing elk is a ton of fun and I hope to find my way back there some day.

I went to Liberty University in Lynchburg (Central VA). Northern VA is SUPER expensive. I feel your pain.

I hunted 4 years in and around Lynchburg and I loved it. That's where I first learned about hunting urban deer. That was a TON of fun.

Haha nice. Yeah urban deer hunting can be a lot of fun bc they grow some big deer as long as they don't get hit by a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back