• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Seat Price

Kuenro02

I've been planning out my saddle platform and noticed XOP seats just jumped from $30 to $65! Did I just miss a sale or did they just hike up the price?

One of the XOP guys did a classy thing in one of the other threads and gave an explanation. Very cool and made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wat was the explanation?

It is post #26 on the "XOP increased their price" thread. I don't know how to link to the thread but you can search it.

Someone from XOP said that the margin on the cast seat is very small and we have been ordering a lot of them and the numbers don't make sense from a business point of view so they had to increase the price to number that works. Also, they have some concerns about the platform failing as we are using it for an unintended purpose. They said the volume of seats we have been buying convinced them that there is a market for a saddle hunter's platform and they have something in the works that they may announce late this summer. It was a nice reply really.

Dang, I missed it by 1 day! I appreciate the response from XOP but I'm not interested in a XOP produced platform for $150 (assumption). Guess I'll just have to find another seat option.

Dang, I missed it by 1 day! I appreciate the response from XOP but I'm not interested in a XOP produced platform for $150 (assumption). Guess I'll just have to find another seat option.
Yeah, we got lucky for a while. The seats used to be $50 and come with a pad, then they took the pad out but stayed at $50. Then the version 2 seat came out for $29. That was a great deal for the guys who got in on it. Now they're back up even higher.

I'm curious to see what they come up with, but I'm also quite excited about the setup the Saddlehunter team has been working on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I actually have two lone wolf stands for sale if interested 150$ a piece plus shipping. They like new
Its the green ones with the big seat cushions. They are the alpha tech.
Great stands

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_gcun8_kLGQWJMDxQtFpQ

XOP should really be worrying about there future
Lawsuits in regards to handling of stick issues.
How is it all the other treestand companies have
Handled there recalls professionally but this company sends you a pack of bolts and drill bit!!

Guys, I need to share this! I emailed XOP asking the reason for the price jump. They got back to me in a few hours, explained the reason for the jump is because of the high demand and low volume they have right now. They said the price could come down this coming fall again. BUT, here's the kicker, they're going to sell me a seat for the original $29.99! Awesome customer service. I'll be standing by XOP for a long time

Guys, I need to share this! I emailed XOP asking the reason for the price jump. They got back to me in a few hours, explained the reason for the jump is because of the high demand and low volume they have right now. They said the price could come down this coming fall again. BUT, here's the kicker, they're going to sell me a seat for the original $29.99! Awesome customer service. I'll be standing by XOP for a long time

Actually posted on another thread that one of the XOP employees explained the fact that typically that seat would've been a low demand item. It really wasn't about money in this case. This speaks volumes about XOP and we should certainly continue to give them our business if they'd like it once they resolve the supply and demand issue. They actually seem like they want to work to help us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back