• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Xtractor

CharlieRayT

If you're in the market for a great field dressing tool check out the Xtractor tool. Designed and developed by my cousin Joe Collins. Joe is also a master taxidermist.

http://xtractortool.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the tool very easy to use and it keeps the meat much cleaner because you do not have to split the pelvis.

Very cool. Probably gonna have to have one of those.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I feel violated after watching what he did to that deer in the video! Does look pretty cool. May have to pick one of these up myself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I always got teased for using a butt out tool but man did that make removing the anus super easy. I would probably still be using them if they didn't break so easily. I have since started to just use my knife to carve them out. Not sure I would go back to using a tool at this point, but when they work they work awesome!

I always got teased for using a butt out tool but man did that make removing the anus super easy. I would probably still be using them if they didn't break so easily. I have since started to just use my knife to carve them out. Not sure I would go back to using a tool at this point, but when they work they work awesome!

This one works really well. I bought like 10 of the Butt Out original tools at Tractor Supply on a clearance one year and gave them to my buddy's that teased me about using it for Christmas.

This one works really well. I bought like 10 of the Butt Out original tools at Tractor Supply on a clearance one year and gave them to my buddy's that teased me about using it for Christmas.

Talking about a great gag gift. I think I paid a buck apiece for em.

I used one for a while too. I have gone back to just carving it out also. If you have a sharp knife it really isn't too tough.

u can carve it out and not split the pelvis we never split the pelvis or breast bone when dressing deer it keeps the dirt and leaves from getting inside when you drag them of course most people use ATV and SxS these days but I still gotta drag em. get a little more bloody but I don't mind actually getting a lot better at it these days I did two deer last season in a row and barely had any blood on me I was pretty impressed lol

I found the tool very easy to use and it keeps the meat much cleaner because you do not have to split the pelvis.

u can carve it out and not split the pelvis we never split the pelvis or breast bone when dressing deer it keeps the dirt and leaves from getting inside when you drag them of course most people use ATV and SxS these days but I still gotta drag em. get a little more bloody but I don't mind actually getting a lot better at it these days I did two deer last season in a row and barely had any blood on me I was pretty impressed lol

I think splitting pelvis in field is a waste of time too. If you do a good job of carving it out and be careful with the intestine and tie it off it all comes out easy.

Agreed. I have never split the pelvis. And I drag them all out too lol. Using a sled has really helped the past couple years.

It's a great tool and it'll always be a part of my kit. Joe has sold a ton of em and that alone speaks for the quality and usefulness of such a tool. Everyone has there own way of field dressing butt I believe if you give the Xtractor a try you'll be glad you did.

Back