• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Yet another lone wolf build - wide base

c h r i s

Very early prototype, but it worked well enough that I’ve decided to hack my lone wolf post up. More to come as I continue to hack this thing up.

cc83e2e23c3a45c36f9751f175066e45.jpg

While I was building my lone wolf cut offs, I seriously looked at my climber and then decided selling it is a better option

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To be clear, that base is actually an xop. I couldn’t bring myself to do it to my LW yet. Unfortunelty I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to use my LW post to make it effective.

My goal is to get 2 useable posts out of it so I can utilize my LW seat (2nd gen) for a platform as well.

To be clear, that base is actually an xop. I couldn’t bring myself to do it to my LW yet. Unfortunelty I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to use my LW post to make it effective.

My goal is to get 2 useable posts out of it so I can utilize my LW seat (2nd gen) for a platform as well.
you can buy 1.5 x 1" aluminum stock from either online metals, or mcmaster Carr. I just bought a six foot chunk to make my stands last week. You can get the versa button tree bracket and strap in the accessory section at lone wolf.

How much for the post? The sites a pita to see on my phone.

I already have all the other parts I need from cannibalizing my LW sticks from another project.

I bought a new seat post for like 30 bucks from Lone Wolf if that eases your decision any.

Lol now that's just crazy talk. You can sell that for enough money to make 3 platforms.

Lol. I don't have an Assassin anymore anyways. But my dad still has one in his attic I think. I'll have to get out the tape measure the next time I'm over there and start recording some measurements. I think my perfect platform would be the style of the Assassin but the size of the XOP. Just enough surface area to stand and turn 180.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lol. I don't have an Assassin anymore anyways. But my dad still has one in his attic I think. I'll have to get out the tape measure the next time I'm over there and start recording some measurements. I think my perfect platform would be the style of the Assassin but the size of the XOP. Just enough surface area to stand and turn 180.

The lone wolf cut off stand I made a week or so ago fits that bill perfectly.

First sits with the new rig today. Spent the AM in a small oak and the afternoon in a medium trunk tree. The cut down stand was awesome.

I’ll likely add another ameristep to the strap. That way I don’t have to be so strategic with my top climbing stick to be able to get 360 around the tree while on stand.

69c8ac9794118899d6f79a630072185a.jpg

The flared wings also serve as a “peg” style foot rest when you’re on the back side of the tree:
632b6b1a0e08d0136b9b7ce36a4f4d39.jpg

Im going to mod my xop platform to attach the peg strap. Its also a quick way to get up a tree.
3078a016ff025f0a5e7d461c3e244489.jpg

First sits with the new rig today. Spent the AM in a small oak and the afternoon in a medium trunk tree. The cut down stand was awesome.

I’ll likely add another ameristep to the strap. That way I don’t have to be so strategic with my top climbing stick to be able to get 360 around the tree while on stand.

69c8ac9794118899d6f79a630072185a.jpg

The flared wings also serve as a “peg” style foot rest when you’re on the back side of the tree:
632b6b1a0e08d0136b9b7ce36a4f4d39.jpg
Is there enough room there to stand vertically and turn on the platform? Sometimes I like to do that with my current platform because it makes it really easy to shoot to the offhand side.

I’m able to turn, but not with my feet side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do like how you're able to have a flared out surface on the side to push against when on a step on the backside of the tree.

Back