• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules
J
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• J
      John RB reacted to Fl Canopy Stalker's post in the thread Tree Stand Harness with Like Like.
      Neither is particularly safe however, if I was personally going to do one or the other, I’d have the rope underneath my underarm, and...
    • J
      John RB replied to the thread Super Munter to Descend?.
      I got this from an arborist who is pretty fond of the Munter... and I doubt he could forget it! JrbTreeClimbing.com, affiliated with...
    • J
      John RB reacted to Weldabeast's post in the thread Super Munter to Descend? with Like Like.
      The only issues I've ever had were when the rope is soaking wet....super munter creates too much friction and I take out the extra wrap...
    • J
      I appreciate that. I started building my own saddles and systems on my own a decade b4 I heard of "saddle hunting" and had NO IDEA...
    • J
      John RB reacted to Archerichards's post in the thread Super Munter to Descend? with Like Like.
      John, I can look at a lean fellow like you and know I need more Munter than you do LOL! Thanks though. Will review your video. Once...
    • J
      The friction delivered by the Munter varies based on the rope and its stiffness and sheath. And we need more if we weigh more. Super is...
    • J
      John RB reacted to BTaylor's post in the thread Tree Stand Harness with Like Like.
      I will go back and look at that post but I can tell you without question or reservation I am not wearing a rear attachment harness while...
    • J
      John RB reacted to BTaylor's post in the thread Tree Stand Harness with Like Like.
      Since I am an admitted saddle user in a tree stand on occasion, I am curious about what rope routing you feel is better. If I am sitting...
    • J
      John RB reacted to Dope on a Rope's post in the thread Tree Stand Harness with Like Like.
      I was tracking til you started trash talking sticks. Then “you quit preaching and gone to meddling.”
    • J
      John RB replied to the thread Tree Stand Harness.
      My last post was supposed to say "fall factor less than one". For some reason tapatalk didn't like the symbol used...
    • J
      John RB replied to the thread Tree Stand Harness.
      My position is that it doesn't matter whether we have climbed a tree with sticks or steps or a ladder or a rope. It doesn't matter what...
    • J
      John RB reacted to GetHomeSafe's post in the thread The Dangers of Short Static Falls with Like Like.
      My guess is you have never built a JRB system and you have never climbed JRB. So now your a self pro-claimed expert in a rope climbing...
    • J
      John RB reacted to Still Kicking's post in the thread Tree Stand Harness with Like Like.
      I think it's AWESOME to have this site and the forums people can use to educate themselves to minimize injuries or even death. Many of...
    • J
      John RB reacted to TreeRecon's post in the thread Tree Stand Harness with Like Like.
      Exactly. Not common, but in some instances you can use a FBH for tree work. You would have two separate lines. One solely for backup...
    • J
      John RB reacted to Cbigbear's post in the thread Tree Stand Harness with Like Like.
      I’m glad I happened by this post. I was wondering why I was getting comments on an 11yr old video, on a YouTube account I don’t even...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back