• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

It's just...a little crush... - Review of the JX3 Hybrid Saddle

JOHN AND I MUST THINK THE SAME AS MY MOLLE2 EAGLE NEST STAND I BUILT LAST SEASON IS MUCH LIKE HIS PRODUCTION STAND.
GLAD I DID A VIDEO LAST YEAR TO PROVE IT. MY EAGLES NEST MOLLE 2 HAS A BUNCH MORE SAFETY FEATURES AND MY ADJUSTABLE BRIDGE IDEA FROM CLIMBING INNOVATIONS HELPS WITH SRT TREE ENTRY.

I would love to see your video can you share a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJC
just dont know how to upload a video I was planning on maybe sharing it but I never really had time to bring plans to production so im glad to see somebody is producing a stand like my idea for the molle2 frame. I should make a package list of all the things i bought to build the stand so others can build their own eagles nest molle2 you know other guys like me like to build and improve their own stuff. I would buy this guys jx3 i think it looks good.

sorry about caps lock do a bunch of data entry in qbooks so cap locks is always on.

Reactions: PJC
First hunt in La this season. Just when I thought I had my system with the saddle all dialed in, this little love nugget showed up.

View attachment 6971

I'll post a thorough review after a day hiking/hunting with it. But it has far exceeded my initial impressions, and did so in about 25 seconds of holding it. My web holds a place in my heart, but that place is not south Louisiana in October...

Video in later post but also wanted to get it here for those folks that won’t go past the first post!

What kind of pack is that sir?

JOHN AND I MUST THINK THE SAME AS MY MOLLE2 EAGLE NEST STAND I BUILT LAST SEASON IS MUCH LIKE HIS PRODUCTION STAND.
GLAD I DID A VIDEO LAST YEAR TO PROVE IT. MY EAGLES NEST MOLLE 2 HAS A BUNCH MORE SAFETY FEATURES AND MY ADJUSTABLE BRIDGE IDEA FROM CLIMBING INNOVATIONS HELPS WITH SRT TREE ENTRY.

Seriously do you have the video on you tube or can you send it to me? Rickyr1972@yahoo.com

It might be a good idea to start your own thread about your idea. A thread about a review of an existing piece of equipment is probably not the best place for it...

Let's just keep all the new discussion to that thread.
Not sure what sounded bad. When I wrote the reply
Can you please clean it up for me like move stuff where it belongs will learn the rules then interact thanks redsquirrel.
bob

Not sure what sounded bad. When I wrote the reply
Can you please clean it up for me like move stuff where it belongs will learn the rules then interact thanks redsquirrel.
bob
There wasn't a problem. The original poster just asked if you could keep the content to the new thread so this thread wasn't hijacked which was fair. After that thread was started there was no need to continue this discussion in this thread, that was all I was saying.

Do you leave the shoulder straps attached while hunting? If so does that restrict your range of motion?

I was just curious because I have shot deer before walking out of the woods with my Molle II straps attached to my climber and it made me shoot the gun weird.

I was just curious because I have shot deer before walking out of the woods with my Molle II straps attached to my climber and it made me shoot the gun weird.

The straps are much lower profile than what you’re referring to. But shooting a bow out of it sitting, and shooting a gun walking, vey differnt for sure. The straps don’t hinder me in any way shooting a bow, on or off. It’s all about body position

The straps are much lower profile than what you’re referring to. But shooting a bow out of it sitting, and shooting a gun walking, vey differnt for sure. The straps don’t hinder me in any way shooting a bow, on or off. It’s all about body position

So is shooting a rifle sitting different than shooting a rifle walking? I wasn’t asking about a bow because I’m more interested in the JX3 late season with the rifle and heavy clothes. I understand shooting a bow is different than shooting a rifle.

So is shooting a rifle sitting different than shooting a rifle walking? I wasn’t asking about a bow because I’m more interested in the JX3 late season with the rifle and heavy clothes. I understand shooting a bow is different than shooting a rifle.

Got it! Sorry I just assumed you were talking about bow.

I haven't shot a rifle out of it. The one hunt I intended to, I got my linemans around the tree, and had a doe come in to 20 yards. I shot her with the hybrid on standing behind the tree. I guess it's not a good example because I was standing and she was close. But it didn't affect me haha.

The straps are way less bulky than the straps you're referring to - I have a set of those on my assault.

I reckon I need to go get in a tree somewhere where I can shoot my rifle and do a video now. I can't imagine it making a material difference. You're probably going to want them off while chillin anyway with all those clothes on. At least I like them off.

Are you wondering about the shoulder straps effecting the feel of the rifle with shoulder straps on incase a shot opportunity happens while packing out?
I've tried this without actually making a shot but yes the rifle settles at shoulder just a little different. To see through a clear scope, you will have to stretch your neck forward on rifle stock.

Back