• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator Leveling Screw Fix

ricky racer

I know a lot of folks are adding material of one sort or another to the post on their Predator platform to quiet the leveling screw when it contacts the post.
What I chose to do was replace the button head screw with a modified De-Sta-Co spindle (that's what they call their screw).
Starting with a #509208 spindle, I trimmed about 1/4" from the rubber tip and about 1/8" from the other side of the rubber tip (under the bolt head).
Trimming it allowed more adjustment for angled trees. It works like a charm. :cool:

20190121_060954.jpg

20190121_061456.jpg

20190121_153350.jpg

20190121_153421.jpg

Last edited:
We looked at a few solutions like this but the rubber didn't hold up. I'm curious to see if this one does. Keep us posted.

This tip is actually Neoprene with a hardness of 70-80 Shore A. De-Sta-Co also makes a red neoprene with a hardness of 80-85 Shore A. They also offer a polyurethane cap with a hardness of 80 Shore A. What material have you tried?

Unfortunately I won't have any feedback until next season. Below is the product datasheet...

https://media.destaco.com/assetbank-destaco/assetfile/2727.pdf

I can't remember what all we tried. But Ernie ran through several options. Maybe the one you found will last. We'd definitely upgrade the bolts if we knew it was going to last.

Danny that's brilliant. Cost? I think these will be cheap enough to have plenty on hand and replaces as the season goes. coupled with velcro or furniture pad this should be dead quite and protect the frame. Someone please post a link where to buy

I have 4 of those clamps that i use for their intended purpose but with 1/4 20 bolts and i would guess they are grade -2 bolts. Hopefully the 5/16 handles side pressure better.

Last edited:
Well, the verdict is in. The De-Sta-Co "spindle" held up great over the course of the season. My Predator didn’t get used a lot early in the season but got heavy use from mid-October through the first of January. The "rubber" end shows no wear whatsoever. I expect it to last multiple seasons.

20200103_201448.jpg

Weldabeast, I don't understand how yours could have bent. All of the load is applied directly straight into the bolt face. To bend, it would need to experience side force. Interesting...

Last edited:
This might work.

Well, the verdict is in. The De-Sta-Co "spindle" held up great over the course of the season. My Predator didn’t get used a lot early in the season but got heavy use from mid-October through the first of January. The "rubber" end shows no wear whatsoever. I expect it to last multiple seasons.

View attachment 22904

Weldabeast, I don't understand how yours could have bent. All of the load is applied directly straight into the bolt face. To bend, it would need to experience side force. Interesting...

Anymore feedback on this? Still holding up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back