• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Live from the saddle 2019

Just got set up in the JX3 hybrid on some public in NJ. Scouted my way in and set up on a transition from some thick stuff to an open oak flat. There's a big swamp oak raining down acorns next to me. Now just need a big fat doe to step out onto the dance floor... Fingers crossed View attachment 16872View attachment 16873View attachment 16874

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Beautiful spot, good luck and give a big one a dirt nap for the forum.

Saw 5 doe this morning in complete comfort
d48bb5853832a7be181ffebc83a804ab.jpg

2e44cff3edee7212e8f3f73175d13ddb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just hiked a mile along a ridge but didnt see any real good sign. I just stopped at the first dinky rubs and set up. I have seen 1 doe. I am hoping to take a doe as it seems a nice buck by randomly hiking somewhere with no sign is unlikely haha. Just need meat this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re doing better than me! I’ve only seen hikers and dirt bikes!
How’s the LWHC doing now?

Sadly there fake! They are gold tip trad classics but one of the best arrows I’ve shot

Been awhile since I posted. Just letting everyone know I'm still alive and still hunting from my Kestrel.
Had a good morning yesterday. Scored a double! My beagle found both in minutes. Can't imagine hunting without him.
Sorry I didn't get in the contest this year. Miss it a lot.
Bowhunterchuck
ac69545a20c7fb1ccf8b62b6adae9837.jpg
97df686a9b0cb310f4860fdf70829488.jpg

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

The single foot strap is better. I removed the bolt mod and it got stuck pretty bad a few times but it is solid to the tree without the helium strap. So I just had a black bear come to the point that I was looking at it through the holes in my platform. Every year this happens. I actually drew on this one but I couldnt bring myself to do it. Is it even worth staying until dark since a bear just came through?

Wish I was live from the saddle, but I’ve been live from under the Ram. Waterpump blew a major leak this morning. I’m not as young or limber as I used to be, turned into an all day project. Done and fixed, but huntless today:weary:

Back