• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knee pain with spurs

bcsportsman

So not sure if it is my spurs making my knees sore but if so any idea a way to fix it? Maybe changing pads or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gotten knee pain when my pads weren't adjusted up high enough. Cheap pads could also be the culprit. I only have experience with Climb Rites and Kiwi Klimbers which both have good pads/shin cups.

It’s Klein’s with the pads that come with em. And I have em all the way up already

Last edited:
I have Klein’s also. I run the top of my L pads 2” below the bottom of my knee cap. I love spurs!!! First choice climbing method for me. Where is it hurting your knee and what kind of pain are you having?

I have Klein’s also. I run the top of my L pads 2” below the bottom of my knee cap. I love spurs!!! First choice climbing method for me. Where is it hurting your knee and what kind of pain are you having?

Just sore knees the following day. Not to the point of limping or anything just sore. And before I do some kind of damage I want to correct.

Have you ever used spurs before this? Could it be possible tenderness from doing something your not used too

Have you ever used spurs before this? Could it be possible tenderness from doing something your not used too

Last season was first year. Climbed with em a couple times during summer.

Are you locking your knees out completely when you climb? If you are it may be that your slightly hyperextending your knees with the angle needed to correctly insert the spikes?

Are you locking your knees out completely when you climb? If you are it may be that your slightly hyperextending your knees with the angle needed to correctly insert the spikes?

When watching the video previously sent they talked about that. And I think when setting my platform I am. Next climb I will be make sure I do not

Back