• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator Platform broke on me last night

I'm pretty sure a policy was put in place that if someone had an issue with a company to contact them directly, and to stop these kind of posts. I'm wondering why that's never enforced when it's about Tetherd

The only policy that was put in place was to not use this site to contact vendors directly. There has never been any policy that doesn't allow people to give their opinions on a company or product. If you don't believe me go re-read the thread where people were giving negative opinions about the original out on a limb platforms, the tacti saddle, the H2 saddles, or some of the posts about the shipping delays with the original release of the Kestrel. Tethrd isn't being treated any differently. What will get a thread shut down is childish bickering and people getting defensive and not respecting other people's opinions. Which is a road this thread appears to be heading down quickly.

They’re saying they’re going to do an exchange for them so that’s a big step in the right direction. I’m glad they decided to step up because I’m sure 90%+ of the gen 1’s were sold to guys from this forum. And it’s just good business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious if/when they are going to contact gen 1 owners to make them aware of this.

I think the beef was that the Kite was being developed as the Mantis was released. Tethrd basically beat them to the punch and put out an almost identical mesh saddle. That’s when Boswell dropped out here.

It’s too bad. I really miss his input here as well. He was a great spokesperson for saddle hunting and did whatever he could to help everyone out.

Just to be clear which came first? Yep contrary to what some have said in the very thread.

I remember when he dropped out. I remember what he said. I remember what he did. I haven’t forgotten

Just to be clear which came first? Yep contrary to what some have said in the very thread.

I remember when he dropped out. I remember what he said. I remember what he did. I haven’t forgotten

I remember it as well. Wasn’t the best way to handle the situation no doubt. New Tribe and Tethrd can coexist and I think they have proved that very well. He had no reason to take that road and I really wish he hadn’t.

I am curious if/when they are going to contact gen 1 owners to make them aware of this.

Do you know they haven't? Was it one batch? By a soon replaced foundry? Could that have caused some initial delays. Could China tariffs have impacted some supply chains? Was it due to subcontracts? Did ANYONE expect the saddle explosion right as they kicked things off?

That's the problem. We dont know who they have contacted, worked with, or what actually happened. If someone has a concern, they should contact Tetherd directly.

One discussion/ argument doesn’t make us AT.
I think it’s good to air out the laundry every once in awhile until the name calling starts I say let it ride!

No, but this is the first time that I’ve seen emotion guide responses rather than logic. Traditionally, this group was great at agreeing to disagree. I’m all about allowing friction - that creates a spark and a spark generally creates something beneficial for all of us. Here, we’re way beyond that... Alas, I’m sure this is just the inevitable result of the exponential growth this place as experienced.

Time to bow out of this thread.
Final comment...
I like my preds. Fantastic products that I love...all 3, so far,(the two gen 1s and the gen 2), have not screwed me or my hunt.
I will keep the breakage issue in mind and will continue to take safety precautions.
I do wish Tethrd was a little more "on top" of this, but I don't run a business.
Somewhere in this thread, it was mentioned that there will be a trade-in/buy back type program in 2020. Well, "2020" is a long time...will it be January 2020 or next December 2020?
I completely understand that products go thru the rigors of user abuse and that crap happens with all 1st generation products in any product line. I believe they have addressed the gen 1 issues with the improvements in the gen 2s. I have 100% confidence in my gen 2.
I just wish they would address the concerns of us gen 1 users and let the customer decide what they want in order to remain satisfied.
But, hey, it's their business. They can continue to run it the way they have. I'm not sure that they are keeping their customers as top priority.
All that being said, I'm about to be on vacation until December...Entire November rut glory! I will be spending a lot of time on my Predators, both gen 1 and 2.
Good luck guys.
Be safe, be successful and satisfied with what the hunt brings your way.

Love the people with 2018 join dates talking about the good old days......

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
6bc5ccd83136c093ee2c8a9c71007b0b.jpg

Last edited:
Time to bow out of this thread.
Final comment...
I like my preds. Fantastic products that I love...all 3, so far,(the two gen 1s and the gen 2), have not screwed me or my hunt.
I will keep the breakage issue in mind and will continue to take safety precautions.
I do wish Tethrd was a little more "on top" of this, but I don't run a business.
Somewhere in this thread, it was mentioned that there will be a trade-in/buy back type program in 2020. Well, "2020" is a long time...will it be January 2020 or next December 2020?
I completely understand that products go thru the rigors of user abuse and that crap happens with all 1st generation products in any product line. I believe they have addressed the gen 1 issues with the improvements in the gen 2s. I have 100% confidence in my gen 2.
I just wish they would address the concerns of us gen 1 users and let the customer decide what they want in order to remain satisfied.
But, hey, it's their business. They can continue to run it the way they have. I'm not sure that they are keeping their customers as top priority.
All that being said, I'm about to be on vacation until December...Entire November rut glory! I will be spending a lot of time on my Predators, both gen 1 and 2.
Good luck guys.
Be safe, be successful and satisfied with what the hunt brings your way.

Yep me too. I have supported both companies in the past. I agree with the comment above there is room for both, and more getting into the frenzy. The DIY days ran their course and the new crowd will take it from here.

Those Gen 1 preds are failures waiting to happen, unfortunately. That back section was not terribly well-framed. It’s almost incomplete without the extra metal back there. The extra support on the G2, especially in the back, makes me wonder why they ever released the G1 as it was. It was definitely rushed just to have a platform hit the market. Why else would you only rate G1 to 300#, which is clearly heavier than it can actually take? I have to just shake my head when guys offer to buy or are looking for a G1. This has to be at least a dozen with almost identical breaks that I’ve seen since May. The G2 is a tank though. It’s the one that should have been released from the start. I’m pretty sure the rating on IT is understated at 350#, and they really nailed the design of the platform framework on the G2. Now if we could just get a sharper batwing and a stomp-pad on the G3...
How do you know which Gen you have? I got mine in May 2019......

It’s like y’all forgot your wives and women down at the bar have boobs......

Reactions: b73
Just shows you how quickly this site has grown...
That's not a good thing.

Anyways this thread has turned pretty ***.

For what its worth I use a Kestrel saddle as I felt more secure in it and use a predator platform.

I've been a member here since I started bowhunting always knew I'd saddle hunt but never liked the lack of what I felt would be a secure and stable platform. The ameristeps were almost impossible to find and were always bought up quick and no one would ever ship to Canada when they had people in the lower 48 begging for the steps.... watching the DIY guys macgyver platforms was entertaining so when the predator came out it was the next best thing to the lone wolf assassin which was Iiterally harder to come across then a 7 year old buck... I knew I could finally feel secure and paid out the ass for one due to UPS charging %40 USD which is like adding ,60% to the price.... it ended up costing me $400... which I was pissed about but I spend a ton of money on hunting gear so who really cares in the end. Hell I've sunk $300 into my lone wolf climber which was $600 new in 2014....

Honestly the people crying have no clue what these guys have done for saddle hunting.. they made the company to make cash and were smart and have done well as it has boomed but before they made the company they made countless DIY platforms.... Ernie...God damn that guy is a genius.

So stop ****ing crying and dont toe cam or whatever it's called.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back