• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting at night??

MFD205

Hunting at night especially down south is frowned upon severely. My question is why do most people from out west and up north always go hunting at night? Really, I realise you're not actually hunting at night because it's daylight outside when y'all say "On tonight's hunt" We say evening hunt or afternoon hunt. Just wondering why it's said night hunt?
Thanks Fischer.

Same thing down in the South with soda...to you is coke or pop. How about a shopping cart...it's a buggy. Last buggy I saw had a horse attached to it. We say lunch...you might say dinner or supper. It's just semantics.

Same thing down in the South with soda...to you is coke or pop. How about a shopping cart...it's a buggy. Last buggy I saw had a horse attached to it. We say lunch...you might say dinner or supper. It's just semantics.
Just wondering. All cold drinks are coke down here. You're right, we eat breakfast, dinner, and supper down here.

It's legal to shoot exotics in TX at night so it's pretty popular... and in E TX dudes just shoot white tails at night.. lol

Because the biggest bucks tend to move from bedding only minutes before dark. I say night hunt because those last legal minutes are when the magic tends to happen more often than not.

I typically say afternoon and night because I do hunt coyotes at night. So if I tell my wife I'm hunting at night she knows I'll be gone after dark. Also the farms I hunt yotes at I'll tell the farmers I'll be there tonight so they know if they hear gun shots after dark not to call the po-po.

We can legally hunt until one half hour after sunset, by the time I get out of the woods it is dark out. That's night, yes?
True, but the hunt takes place during the day. Not making fun of y’all. Just curious as to why it’s said is all. The Good Lord knows y’all can ask a million questions as to why us southern boys do and say the things we do.

True, but the hunt takes place during the day. Not making fun of y’all. Just curious as to why it’s said is all. The Good Lord knows y’all can ask a million questions as to why us southern boys do and say the things we do.

Lol, That’s all I got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back