• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Got my first from a saddle

Phopkins

SH Member
What a gas! I managed to shoot the buck from my trailcam photos (see here's a good one in Trail cameras category). It was the first shot I've taken from a saddle, 15 yards with my Centaur longbow. He was walking and I decided not to stop him. Hit him right through stomach and liver. He went 30 yards and was dead in about 2 minutes, I was using a Battle Axe broadhead, the liver looked like center punched lungs there was so much blood in the body cavity.

I shot strong side from my kestrel with a preset platform. Took him to the taxidermist for a shoulder mount. I'm stoked!nov4kill.JPG

You northern boys make me jealous! Where I live nobody will let them get big and when you can find one you cannot hunt there! Great job on a beautiful buck!!! And with a longbow I LOVE it!!! Congrats!!!!

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm just extremely happy that it worked out. Last year I had 3 bucks I was looking for. All 3 got within 15 yards of me at one time or another, all got away. I did take a shot and m.mm..missed on one. So a little redemption this year.

What a gas! I managed to shoot the buck from my trailcam photos (see here's a good one in Trail cameras category). It was the first shot I've taken from a saddle, 15 yards with my Centaur longbow. He was walking and I decided not to stop him. Hit him right through stomach and liver. He went 30 yards and was dead in about 2 minutes, I was using a Battle Axe broadhead, the liver looked like center punched lungs there was so much blood in the body cavity.

I shot strong side from my kestrel with a preset platform. Took him to the taxidermist for a shoulder mount. I'm stoked!View attachment 19829

Congrats buddy!!! Solid deer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats thats a bruiser of a buck! Guessing youre hooked on saddle hunting now lol

Back