• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG Ambush Platform

I bet they sellout before noon.
...aaannnndddd that is why they will remain $300.

Do you think all of this scarce supply related to the saddle market is real or manufactured? I'm no industry expert, but casting/cutting metal seems to be a somewhat old manufacturing process. Why does it take so long to manufacture and build up adequate stock? Why so expensive? Sewing saddles seems a little more involved in terms of manufacturing especially depending on the size of your sweatshop (kidding). Assuming human hands are sewing and not robots.

The business aspect of the saddle companies amazes me.

Do you think all of this scarce supply related to the saddle market is real or manufactured? I'm no industry expert, but casting/cutting metal seems to be a somewhat old manufacturing process. Why does it take so long to manufacture and build up adequate stock? Why so expensive? Sewing saddles seems a little more involved in terms of manufacturing especially depending on the size of your sweatshop (kidding). Assuming human hands are sewing and not robots.

I'm continually amazed and annoyed at how long it takes to get parts machined at my workplace. And based on early runs of the lwcg stuff...there seems some "evidence" of running their waterjets as fast as they can get away with...plus we see products like the beast stand take years to come to fruition.

Undercapitalized maybe? But signs point toward shortages/delays being "real". And i don't think waterjetting thick aluminum is particularly fast or inexpensive. It also doesn't scale as well as casting.

Truthfully there is not much if any profit in small run manufacturing. 150 pieces is peanuts. When I worked product development most fabrication/casting shops wouldn’t do anything less than 10k pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you watch the podcast, they mentioned seeing their old platforms they sold in 2006 going for over 500$ on ebay. That price is staying. There not idiots.

Exactly. They are in business to make as much money as they can, like all businesses. There are plenty of cheaper options for folks that don't want to spend $300.

Lone Wolf is known for expensive, yet good stuff. Why would this be any different?

About $120 more than a Predator. Compare a LWCG hang on stand to the cheapest commercially produced hang on stand and you'll see much more than a $120 difference.

Lone Wolf is known for expensive, yet good stuff. Why would this be any different?
LWCG is not Lone Wolf. Different company.
About $120 more than a Predator. Compare a LWCG hang on stand to the cheapest commercially produced hang on stand and you'll see much more than a $120 difference.
The predator is the 2nd most expensive platform on the market, not the cheapest.

That would be the consumers buying at this price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep definitely expensive but nothing else on the market that size

Old Assassins sell for over 400 usually

Limited supply and high demand doesn’t favor us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the same with anything that is bought. Ultimately the consumer can control the price. If no one buys a product the price has to drop. Look at new trucks. The prices are ridiculous but remain high because people keep buying them. If everyone got together on social media and so forth and stood together to protest the prices and quit buying I’d bet within a couple months the prices would drastically drop. As long as we buy they can sell.

Back