• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good rubber boots

Cmays

Well walking in the woods to hunt monday I felt something on my 2 year old lacrosse rubber boots.I looked down and the hole soles on both boots was coming off and had to turn around and head back to the truck.(soles didn't make it) so I need recommendations on a good quality rubber boot.

First call lacrosse, they will replace them. Second, where and how have you had them stored?

I asked how they were stored becasue if you put boots up for the summer or a long period and they get no light the sole will break down and just crumble....ask me how I know hahahahh

Following, my Lacrosse rubber boots (maybe 10, or more years old) are ready for retirement. Definitely want neoprene uppers on new pair.

Was really wondering about a really good leather boot, just not sure I would get the warmth I want though.

I asked how they were stored becasue if you put boots up for the summer or a long period and they get no light the sole will break down and just crumble....ask me how I know hahahahh
Both soles came off as hole pieces. .glue failure.

I just laid my muck boots to rest after 12ish years.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I know you asked about rubber, but for whatever it’s worth I prefer leather boots. Been in the same pair since 2013. Waterproof, insulated. If I had to do rubber I’d get Mucks because I like their slip-on shoes, but I find rubber boots to be more of a chore than they’re worth. Good luck either way!

Do any of you guys get boot to knee pad contact with tall rubber boots....I've had some academy brand rubber boots for 3 years and they are still in great shape but when worn with knee pads i get a painful pinch point. Anybody else having similar issues?

Do any of you guys get boot to knee pad contact with tall rubber boots....I've had some academy brand rubber boots for 3 years and they are still in great shape but when worn with knee pads i get a painful pinch point. Anybody else having similar issues?
Actually for me, my Muck Arctic boots help with Kneepads. Helps hold them up when walking in wearing them.

Re, OP, if you're hunting in a region that gets cold, Muck Artics are pretty nice. They are pricey but worth it for me. I got the ones with the flavor crystals in the sole that helps with traction on ice so these double as my ice fishing boots. This is only my second season with them so can't say about durability.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Actually for me, my Muck Arctic boots help with Kneepads. Helps hold them up when walking in wearing them.

Re, OP, if you're hunting in a region that gets cold, Muck Artics are pretty nice. They are pricey but worth it for me. I got the ones with the flavor crystals in the sole that helps with traction on ice so these double as my ice fishing boots. This is only my second season with them so can't say about durability.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ithink my boots are 17or18''. They do what your saying while walking.... When up in the saddle transitioning between lean to sit they'll pinch the skin on the outside of the knee.....easy fix, just need shorter boot

I've had my Mucks for years and wear em all the time. Small hole from a locust thorn that I just siliconed shut. Awesome boots.

Ithink my boots are 17or18''. They do what your saying while walking.... When up in the saddle transitioning between lean to sit they'll pinch the skin on the outside of the knee.....easy fix, just need shorter boot
Can you just cut the tops off? Fiber reinforced should be OK.

Back