• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Not over yet...

beef78

Who else is still at it? Actual video of me looking for my target buck. At least, how I feel as the season approaches it’s end:

Just got out of the tree.Still trying to put another doe or 2 in the freezer.

My season goes until mid February. I go hard through mid to late Nov. usually pass on smaller bucks. Then take a break during rifle / firearms. Then mid Dec through mid Feb I am back at it with archery, muzzleloader and flintlock. Usually get my meat in dec / Jan timeframe.

I see people winding down their season and I am getting into full swing. Maybe my timing is off.

I still haven't connected yet this year. Praying God opens the harvest for me soon. Been out a plenty, but it's the first season on a new piece of property we just moved to in SEP.

I'm still on it, trying to pin down a mature buck that I encountered before start of rifle season. Had him dead to rights at 30 yards but I couldn't harvest another buck until after the start of rifle. Season goes until Jan 15th but I have an out of state tag in AR where I can hail mary hunt until Feb 29th (in which case I may be asking for some tips from my southern bretheren if it comes to it).

Hoping to get at least another doe or a buck in the freezer. I have one small doe so far and two tags. Have until January 5th to get it done. Will go out with my smoke pole tomorrow depending on the weather. A lot of people seem to throw in the towel after firearm season here.

Still hunting here. Season ends Jan 1st and I'd like to get one more in the freezer. Hunting access can start to get difficult this time of year if the snow gets to deep to get the truck off the road but I'll hunt as long as I can.

Still at it here in NC! Haven't had as much time in the saddle as I would have liked and it has been the worst season as far as numbers I have seen this year!!! Still have til January 1 so maybe it will get better!!

We’ve still got a few more weeks. It that time of year where it gets tough. We’ve got maybe a week left of sporadic second rut activity but after that it’s tough to find any deer on their feet in daylight. By that point they have been hunted hard three months. The days are at their shortest so they have more hours of dark to move and feed. We also don’t get snow or harsh conditions that make deer get up and feed. Christmas parties and church functions are occupying a good chunk of December calendar as well. Either way I’m not going to give up until half an hour after sunset on the last day of season.

Still at it here in Arkansas. Private and Public, I will be hunting till the last day in February.

In the special regulations area in PA, it looks like I can archery hunt till late January with fluorescent orange requirements during gun season.

Back