• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Slings and MORE from Treehopper

Not exactly. It looks like an Anderson sling until you realize a few things...
It's available. Anderson's aren't, and Wraptors are only DIY.
It costs less than an Anderson costs on Ebay....if you can find one
It does not need modified like an Anderson.
Questions...does a Wraptor have these plates? Does it have leg straps? Does it have lineman's loops?

People mis-read words a lot, my statement was “looks a lot like”, didn’t say it was a copy of it. I’m interested to see the final product. Looks interesting and these plate things I look forward to seeing. I like Mark and his products, should be good stuff and you won’t find better customer service

People mis-read words a lot, my statement was “looks a lot like”, didn’t say it was a copy of it. I’m interested to see the final product. Looks interesting and these plate things I look forward to seeing. I like Mark and his products, should be good stuff and you won’t find better customer service
Its easy to misinterpret intentions in posts.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Its easy to misinterpret intentions in posts.

Yeah I didn't mean anything about my comments either. The wraptor is diy and I like I said it was comfortable but I couldn't keep mine from getting tangled. It looks like his is a bit different than mine. That is 1 comfy saddle though. I may have to get used to mine more this summer. I did put leg straps on mine with g hooks similar to what the mantis has.

He makes good gear. I'm definitely going to be looking at that platform as I'm still trying to find the perfect platform. I tried to love the predator but I need something wider.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't mean anything about my comments either. The wraptor is diy and I like I said it was comfortable but I couldn't keep mine from getting tangled. It looks like his is a bit different than mine.

He makes good gear. I'm definitely going to be looking at that platform as I'm still trying to find the perfect platform. I tried to love the predator but I need something wider.

They can be a little confusing when you pick one up...the do look like a tangle of webbing. But there is a little trick that makes it easy. Just grab it my the bridge and extend your arm. It wants to lay hanging down perfectly organized. With the Anderson, there was no top or bottom so it didn't much matter which end went up. With the TH, the web with the bridge loops is always "up".

They can be a little confusing when you pick one up...the do look like a tangle of webbing. But there is a little trick that makes it easy. Just grab it my the bridge and extend your arm. It wants to lay hanging down perfectly organized. With the Anderson, there was no top or bottom so it didn't much matter which end went up. With the TH, the web with the bridge loops is always "up".

Yeah, I edited my comment above to include that I added the leg straps to mine. It made it "safer" but I lost some comfort with it for some reason. That is a good trick and I am definitely going to try it.

It was so comfortable sitting in. I primarily lean and it was comfortable doing that too but not as comfortable as my homemade saddle.

Will the "Plates" handle tubular webbing? I'm not a fan of the plain webbing as shown in the photos. Not really sure if I should be a fan or not but I like and trust the smooth tubular webbing personally .

Will the "Plates" handle tubular webbing? I'm not a fan of the plain webbing as shown in the photos. Not really sure if I should be a fan or not but I like and trust the smooth tubular webbing personally .
That IS tubular webbing in that photo. When Mark sent me that prototype to test, he did not have the bridge on it...that was my own tubular webbing that I bought from Strapworks. I hunted with it all season. It worked well.
There are different weaves of webbing and one style is smoother than what I had.
I do know Mark has the smooth stuff. Im not sure exactly which style he will use...I assume it will be the smooth stuff.
The reason I bought the kind I did was because of watching the video on Strapworks. They claim that the more coarse weave has less slippage in a cam buckle. At the time I bought it, I was not sure of my exact application for the stuff. I thought I may want it for use with a cam...all a mute point for me now.
These plates work well.

Last edited:
That IS tubular webbing in that photo. When Mark sent me that prototype to test, he did not have the bridge on it...that was my own tubular webbing that I bought from Strapworks. I hunted with it all season. It worked well.
There are different weaves of webbing and one style is smoother than what I had.
I do know Mark has the smooth stuff. Im not sure exactly which style he will use...I assume it will be the smooth stuff.
The reason I bought the kind I did was because of watching the video on Strapworks. They claim that the more coarse weave has less slippage in a cam buckle. At the time I bought it, I was not sure of my exact application for the stuff. I thought I may want it for use with a cam...all a mute point for me now.
These plates work well.

Ok sorry it looks like single webbing like from a ratchet strap in the pics.

Going to be waaaayyyy too many options on the commercial front next year...may have to stick with the sit drag!!! I was thinking buying a Kite and a Flex, then thinking Yarak now the anderson , H2 ,treesaddle, tethrd, tough, but seems like cant go too wrong with any of them:coldsweat:

Is there a belt that is with it? Hard to tell from the pics. Thanks
Yes there will be a belt. Mark and I had some different opinions as to what it should be. It's slightly more complicated to put a belt on this type of design than it is with a design used on a saddle.
I have not seen the final belt yet but Mark says its what it needs to be.

I anticipate that I will make an in depth review when I have the final version in hand. Maybe over this weekend.

Hoping to see some video of the sling in action. Still kicking myself for getting rid of my Anderson years ago. Thanks for the information and review.

Back