• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Out on a Limb Climbing Stick!!!!!!!

thats why I ask if it can be stack top and side. For guys that want it fixed position and don't have to mess with it. Side stack it on the way in for compact and pack out fast with it stacking up. Only other issue I see is in super cold winter days it will be hard to undue nuts and bolts

Well I hope they are spring loaded into place or something. having to turn everything and screw a knob down to tighten and loosen sounds like a lot of fiddle factor.

The owner of OOAL visits this site and responds to questions. I kind of wish I did not order Beast Sticks last Saturday, would have liked to check these out.

You will not regret the beast stick purchase... if you do, let me know and I’ll take them off your hands for not much less than you paid originally.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Nice that they fold flat, but any idea how they stack together for transport?

The sticks look cool, but the fiddle factor just increased. There is always a trade off easy to pack, weight, fiddle factor, etc.

I have had lots of conversations with the owner of OOAL!! He is very responsive to our needs as saddlehunting is concerned. Honestly these sticks look and appear to address most of the features we as the whole community want!! I doubt he releases all the details because then what is he releasing at the ATA. I do know for a fact that he has spent quite a bit of time on these and they are actually being sent out for stress testing and should really highlight the either pros and cons. He did post a video on FB with a 369lb guy on them and they hold. Lots of curious minds but good thing the ATA is around the corner!!

When are they going to be available? And how much?

They are being released at the ATA show January 2020. The Sticks are going through the final rounds of stress testing, is what I have heard. Price to be determined....

I have been stalking the Out on a Limb FB and IG page for intel the last few months. Borderline creepy-like.

These sticks could be my Muddy Pro replacements in the near future and stop me from pursuing my diy build for an ultra light folding step stick lol. Only reason I haven't bought the Beast Sticks is because I prefer the compact profile the folding step the Muddy Pro has - but they are heavy. Looks like Out on a Limb may be offering precisely what I'm looking for. I think they look awesome!

The sticks will not come apart when you loosen them to rotate.

It takes roughly 5-7 seconds to rotate a step parallel or vertical.

Assuming the worst case, and you don't use aiders and want to get 20', you'd be using 6 sticks - 84 seconds.

If that 1.5 minutes matters to you, maybe these sticks aren't for you.

The sticks will not come apart when you loosen them to rotate.

It takes roughly 5-7 seconds to rotate a step parallel or vertical.

Assuming the worst case, and you don't use aiders and want to get 20', you'd be using 6 sticks - 84 seconds.

If that 1.5 minutes matters to you, maybe these sticks aren't for you.

They should be a little longer so you only need 5 sticks and keep $100 more in your wallet.

Last edited:
They should be a little longer so you only need 5 sticks and keep $100 more in your wallet.

I'm sure Matt would like that feedback. But don't forget that with rotating double steps, the step increases the overall length when rotated parallel. Making a 22" or so step spacing would create a 30"+ stick. Not sure if that would still be appealing to people.

Regardless, I am just providing an example of the amount of time it takes to execute the task. It's being made out to be a really time consuming annoying thing. Granted, I've only rotated one about 200 times so far, it doesn't seem like a make or break thing. I'd put "fiddle factor" pretty far down the list of things I'm considering if I am looking at these.

Back