• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Starting to make a platform

Jeff C

Making platform out of steel then aluminum. If anybody lives by Smyrna or Murfreesboro my shop is in Smyrna Tennessee I have a car lift big powder coat oven welders grinders full shop if anybody wants a make platforms

I know it sounds real good and save a ton of money, I have made a couple and the fact is it's not hard to end up with a lot of money and time in a project that may or may not work at it's best for what a person wants. Sometimes bite the bullet and buy something that is designed and tested and save a lot of stress is a better way to go. Just about any save money project has a lot of hidden problems. Maybe the Ambush was an exception.

I know it sounds real good and save a ton of money, I have made a couple and the fact is it's not hard to end up with a lot of money and time in a project that may or may not work at it's best for what a person wants. Sometimes bite the bullet and buy something that is designed and tested and save a lot of stress is a better way to go. Just about any save money project has a lot of hidden problems. Maybe the Ambush was an exception.
. I'm just doing it to kill some time I don't want to open no big projects up right now.

If someone had plans for a platform made of stock aluminum that used bolts and no welding, I’d be interested in trying a build myself at home. I only have basic hand and power tools so welding aluminum is out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone had plans for a platform made of stock aluminum that used bolts and no welding, I’d be interested in trying a build myself at home. I only have basic hand and power tools so welding aluminum is out for me.

Yeah that would be nice

This place was founded on people that make their own gear and not because it’s cheap or easy. Many people enjoy the process of creating something that can’t be bought.

Jeff C, make sure to post some pictures of the progress!

69622616906537e55837f7dad4fd6399.jpg

d357bc08b0d2284e7b153d00a442766c.jpg

Ok what is the base from?
A couple of previous threads on the Scooter platform option. There's more out there if you're looking for more info.

What he said. Getting ready to move the platform to my climbing stick as an all in one stick/platform since I one stick and don't use the top step anyway.

I live in Murfreesboro...my shop is off of Sam Ridley. When you looking to fab some up?

Making platform out of steel then aluminum. If anybody lives by Smyrna or Murfreesboro my shop is in Smyrna Tennessee I have a car lift big powder coat oven welders grinders full shop if anybody wants a make platforms
Are you going to make to sell? I would like to see someone make something similar to the artisan stick platform that was slightly bigger.

A couple of previous threads on the Scooter platform option. There's more out there if you're looking for more info.

Thanks. I headed to minnepolis in a month so need to make some time to find wheelchair shop.

Back