• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Phantom

Unfortunately you have to be an ASA member to get a pass like archery shop owners and manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I wondered about going. Maybe I could go and represent unbiased saddle hunters It would be interesting.
Or my local archery shop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info. I wondered about going. Maybe I could go and represent unbiased saddle hunters It would be interesting.

I’ve been finding a way to get a pass it’s just a few hours from me.... you can buy a media pass for a blog or YouTube channel etc. but it $600 lol

I’ve been finding a way to get a pass it’s just a few hours from me.... you can buy a media pass for a blog or YouTube channel etc. but it $600 lol

I could buy some new stuff for that

Personally I don’t see myself biting on any new saddles unless they bring something new in terms of innovation. I think they are just all so similar in functionality that I don’t see the need to change just for the sake of change if that makes sense. With that being said I do enjoy seeing all the new products come to market.

In the end no new saddle is going to help me kill more deer. My money is going towards locating deer and access to land.

I’m excited. Of all the innovators in this awesome sport I trust Tethrd the most. The predator gen 2 is the closest thing to perfection I could ever imagine. That being said, I tried every size mantis and was not comfy in any of them and then sat in a kestrel size 2 and immediately loved it. But I loved the light weight and design features of the mantis. So I’ve been hoping and trusting that their next saddle would improve comfort and maintain the features of the mantis.

But I also was banking on an improved adjustable bridge (sounds like that’s a check!) and also cool functionality enhancements that bring their ecosystem of products into the fold, like a special predator clip for ascending and stuff like that.

Anyway, If Tethrd brought us the predator, it’s only a matter of time before they give us the greatest saddle, and HOPEFULLY perfect sticks and climbing spurs that are priced reasonably like all their other gear.

I’m excited. Of all the innovators in this awesome sport I trust Tethrd the most. The predator gen 2 is the closest thing to perfection I could ever imagine. That being said, I tried every size mantis and was not comfy in any of them and then sat in a kestrel size 2 and immediately loved it. But I loved the light weight and design features of the mantis. So I’ve been hoping and trusting that their next saddle would improve comfort and maintain the features of the mantis.

But I also was banking on an improved adjustable bridge (sounds like that’s a check!) and also cool functionality enhancements that bring their ecosystem of products into the fold, like a special predator clip for ascending and stuff like that.

Anyway, If Tethrd brought us the predator, it’s only a matter of time before they give us the greatest saddle, and HOPEFULLY perfect sticks and climbing spurs that are priced reasonably like all their other gear.
+1 on the spurs. What’s the chance? That would be awesome..

So once released or in production does that mark the end of the mantis?

How does that mesh seat on the mantis and kite hold up? And is it the same stuff on the Phantom? I figured it wouldnt hold up like cordura so I’ve stayed away from it... although I must admit, I wouldn’t mind a lighter saddle. I’m that guy trying to shave weight wherever I can :sweatsmile:

We should chip in and get @redsquirrel or @GBlevins92 a pass maybe they would have minimal bias We could have Red make a video for us.

@redsquirrel can barely get away from home to do any hunting, let alone go to Indiana to go to a show. Plus my hunting season runs into February.

@redsquirrel can barely get away from home to do any hunting, let alone go to Indiana to go to a show. Plus my hunting season runs into February.

I have the same problem. I made it out 9 times this season and my season is over. I would have time to go to that show because a drawn out corn harvest and tillage is over. I wish I could compare stuff first hand or that a non biased person who has tried almost everything could.

How does that mesh seat on the mantis and kite hold up? And is it the same stuff on the Phantom? I figured it wouldnt hold up like cordura so I’ve stayed away from it... although I must admit, I wouldn’t mind a lighter saddle. I’m that guy trying to shave weight wherever I can :sweatsmile:

I don't typically wear my saddle in but the mesh is holding up just fine. It's pretty strong stuff.

Unfortunately, if you swapped the name of this forum from Saddlehunter.com to denimwearer.com, wed have the same ole issues of giving reviews. Our butts are shaped different. Our joints can handle different amount of pressure. Our femurs are different lengths. The sad truth(or happy truth if you’re patient and pay attention) is your best option is to buy all of em used on the classified and try them, and then sell what you don’t use. It’s a very low cost option, but does require a modicum or patience. Which seems to be in quite short supply round these parts.

I’m cynical about any significant advancements/improvements on saddles. I suspect were in the same arena as compound bows at this point. But I would definitely love to be wrong. It would seem at this point any new features appear to be aimed at problems that don’t exist if you just look at the problem a different way.

Back