• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Phantom

How does that mesh seat on the mantis and kite hold up? And is it the same stuff on the Phantom? I figured it wouldnt hold up like cordura so I’ve stayed away from it... although I must admit, I wouldn’t mind a lighter saddle. I’m that guy trying to shave weight wherever I can :sweatsmile:
what saddle are you running now?

Assume you are referring to durability of the material. I don't think anything we do is going to wear it out. The stitching will be compromised before the material. If you are referring to the saddle holding up as in staying in place, I can't speak to the kite, but the mantis was all over the place during my short use. Wearing it in was a poor option, and once on the tree it was all over the place. I think the issue was the waist belt not holding.

How does that mesh seat on the mantis and kite hold up? And is it the same stuff on the Phantom? I figured it wouldnt hold up like cordura so I’ve stayed away from it... although I must admit, I wouldn’t mind a lighter saddle. I’m that guy trying to shave weight wherever I can :sweatsmile:
I can say with 100% certainity that the mesh is harder to cut with a razor blade and/or sharp scissors that 1000D cordura. How that equates to durability I don't know but I can say that it is really tough stuff.

Is it named the Phantom because you will order one, but never actually see it?

I assumed the original was named the Mantis, because you would order one and then "pray" that it comes in before your season ends.

Just a couple jokes for da comedy, I hope nobody gets their skivvies all bunched up... :p

I personally will be purchasing one the moment they are available for purchase. I was also going to purchase OOL sticks, but after a couple of video reviews I have seen I won't be purchasing those.

I have the same problem. I made it out 9 times this season and my season is over. I would have time to go to that show because a drawn out corn harvest and tillage is over. I wish I could compare stuff first hand or that a non biased person who has tried almost everything could.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Fortunately I get to hunt a lot around home so I take what I can get. :)

I personally will be purchasing one the moment they are available for purchase. I was also going to purchase OOL sticks, but after a couple of video reviews I have seen I won't be purchasing those.

You have a link to the videos?

Sorry for hijack, but why won't you purchase?

Sorry for hijack, but why won't you purchase?

I have a set of DIY sticks 20" long that weigh 5.8lbs. They are awesome, have over $100 in each stick. I don't think OOL sticks are an improvement of what I have, add in I don't think the stated weight includes the cam buckle which will make them weigh more than mine. I have been one sticking the last half of the season and rappelling down. I can get as high as I want without the extra weight of additional sticks. Plus they are $100 each, never say never, but I am going to need to put my hands on some and climb a tree with them before I order any. And oh my gosh...............that unboxing video was a major snooze fest.

I have a set of DIY sticks 20" long that weigh 5.8lbs. They are awesome, have over $100 in each stick. I don't think OOL sticks are an improvement of what I have, add in I don't think the stated weight includes the cam buckle which will make them weigh more than mine. I have been one sticking the last half of the season and rappelling down. I can get as high as I want without the extra weight of additional sticks. Plus they are $100 each, never say never, but I am going to need to put my hands on some and climb a tree with them before I order any. And oh my gosh...............that unboxing video was a major snooze fest.

I am thinking about making 1 DanO stick for one sticking. Still trying to decide on length

I am thinking about making 1 DanO stick for one sticking. Still trying to decide on length

Do it. Stick with it. Cuss it, Swear it off.. do it again and eventually you get the hang of it. I have made 3 sticks for one sticking 12", 14", and 18". Like the 18" best, it also fits my pack very well. There are 3 things that make one sticking work for me.

1. Cam Cleat
2. Double step aider 21" steps
3. Rappelling down

Has a price been announced I meant teased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do it. Stick with it. Cuss it, Swear it off.. do it again and eventually you get the hang of it. I have made 3 sticks for one sticking 12", 14", and 18". Like the 18" best, it also fits my pack very well. There are 3 things that make one sticking work for me.

1. Cam Cleat
2. Double step aider 21" steps
3. Rappelling down

Eek I am not a fan of aiders

Assuming this is the Phantom?

View attachment 22817

I am thinking yes.

I also am guessing their comfort channels ( described on the YouTube video comment area when it was up). have something to do with preset spots on where the bridge connection area is. Like sewn in ridges that will keep the bridge connection points in place. The mantis with the amsteel bridge went to the same spot once you applied pressure to the bridge. I used a webbing bridge that I wrapped once around on each side and it kept it in place better and so I could control where the bridge pulled from. Made a huge difference in comfort for me.

This of course is pure speculation and I am bored today so had to get it off my mind and see what others thought.

Here is the description from YouTube.

7b2a0ce36356cc9cfd87617f63ee33c6.jpg

c55ae7f030dcd8f406bde60e10ff0422.jpg

Its all in good fun. Besides based on the cryptic teaser trailer all we can do is speculate for the next week. Hell, I didn't even realize what they were teasing from that video.

I know. I'm just chuckling a little is all. Reminds me of when I get together with my hunting buddies. Nothing is sacred.

Back