• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Phantom

Just wait until the minimalist version is revealed with a single piece of webbing that divides your bottom like the tactisaddle.

The P-string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How's that supposed to work if you need to go for a french wipe?

A versatile G hook access point that allows hunters to get into those hard to reach areas. We call it the Honey Hole (patent pending).

Well this thread certainly took a dark turn

Personally I don’t see myself biting on any new saddles unless they bring something new in terms of innovation. I think they are just all so similar in functionality that I don’t see the need to change just for the sake of change if that makes sense. With that being said I do enjoy seeing all the new products come to market.

In the end no new saddle is going to help me kill more deer. My money is going towards locating deer and access to land.

Even if Tethrd comes out with a new saddle, I've already invested in the present one. A guy can go boroke trying to keep up with all the new stuff coming out. This also counts towards backpacks, crossbows, climbing sticks....will it ever end.

At first I did not see a need for a backup saddle. I learned after hunting days in the rain my gear is all wet including my Flex saddle. Drying out a Flex saddle is not so easy. The mesh saddle would be dry by the next morning. I am interested in getting a mesh saddle to use when conditions are wet. I can't image it can beat the comfort of my Flex.

Even if Tethrd comes out with a new saddle, I've already invested in the present one. A guy can go boroke trying to keep up with all the new stuff coming out. This also counts towards backpacks, crossbows, climbing sticks....will it ever end.

I’m sure they’ve done forecasts and all the focus group discussions to predict sales numbers, but it is interesting to think about.

By the time this or any other commercial saddle is available for this season, how many people will purchase? It seems the market is saturated with saddles. That’s why I think the education tour they’ve got going is a smart way to bring in new users. That’s really going to make or break sales for them imo...new users.

Hey bottom line is there will be something coming out new for the next handful of years. I believe Saddle Hunting is one the the most growth orientated styles of deer hunting. As others have said new and established manufacturers are trying to grab a piece of the $$. People will press the boundaries. I care about weight like the next hunter. However, I want safety first, then comfort. I would like to see some of these manufacturers pass the standards mandated for hunting stands or at the very least have a 3rd party test the products.

I would love to go to the manufacturers show, I would be like a kid in a candy shop.

Hey bottom line is there will be something coming out new for the next handful of years. I believe Saddle Hunting is one the the most growth orientated styles of deer hunting. As others have said new and established manufacturers are trying to grab a piece of the $$. People will press the boundaries. I care about weight like the next hunter. However, I want safety first, then comfort. I would like to see some of these manufacturers pass the standards mandated for hunting stands or at the very least have a 3rd party test the products.

I would love to go to the manufacturers show, I would be like a kid in a candy shop.
I’m pretty sure tethrd did that with the mantis at a place that does tma testing. I think it passed all the tests but lacks the required shoulder straps.

At first I did not see a need for a backup saddle. I learned after hunting days in the rain my gear is all wet including my Flex saddle. Drying out a Flex saddle is not so easy. The mesh saddle would be dry by the next morning. I am interested in getting a mesh saddle to use when conditions are wet. I can't image it can beat the comfort of my Flex.
I put my flex near a dehumidifier I run periodically in the basement and turn on a fan. Most everything gets dry, except maybe some of the heavier webbing (like the belt). The fan is pretty key in my situation.

I’m pretty sure tethrd did that with the mantis at a place that does tma testing. I think it passed all the tests but lacks the required shoulder straps.

That’s one thing I think they should allocate resource to, lobbying for what’s necessary to educate and change hunting regulations to accept saddles as an adequate form of safety harness per state hunting regulations. Not sure if I worded it correctly, but in AL my understanding is that it is not sufficient to meet the safety harness requirement. Not sure how many states are in the same situation, but if it is a significant number then it may be worth exploring.

That’s one thing I think they should allocate resource to, lobbying for what’s necessary to educate and change hunting regulations to accept saddles as an adequate form of safety harness per state hunting regulations. Not sure if I worded it correctly, but in AL my understanding is that it is not sufficient to meet the safety harness requirement. Not sure how many states are in the same situation, but if it is a significant number then it may be worth exploring.

Lobby? Alabama is the only state. They have some of the oddest laws in the nation. I mean you can’t even play dominoes on Sunday or flick your boogers into the wind!

Ernie is a PE, so if he says it is good to go you are. He is not going to put a product out that can hurt someone. I would tell you the Mantis has been good to me.

Now if @g2outdoors would get off that kegerator. Lol

Ernie is a PE, so if he says it is good to go you are. He is not going to put a product out that can hurt someone. I would tell you the Mantis has been good to me.

Now if @g2outdoors would get off that kegerator. Lol
Not to be a jerk, but I contradict this statement with Exhibit A, the Predator circa Gen 1. Third party testing typically doesn't have a stake in the product.

Yep.

Not to be a jerk, but I contradict this statement with Exhibit A, the Predator circa Gen 1. Third party testing typically doesn't have a stake in the product.

I agree, however, as a PE he is legally abound by oath and law to do No harm.

I agree, however, as a PE he is legally abound by oath and law to do No harm.
Perhaps true, but that doesn't mean mistakes can't be made. Back to topic, looking forward to seeing this. The few photos I've seen of this, it appears the cut of the bottom is different from the Mantis, maybe more squared off.

Perhaps true, but that doesn't mean mistakes can't be made. Back to topic, looking forward to seeing this. The few photos I've seen of this, it appears the cut of the bottom is different from the Mantis, maybe more squared off.

I agree with you

Back