• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

H2 saddles & TMA news

The only reason to TMA certify is for big box sales. But it’s good they are having these discussions. Saddle aren’t going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I think its awesome, I know it really don't mean anything but at least if you buy a saddle you will know its made to some type of standard anyways, maybe it will help the Alabama boys also

I messaged H2 two weeks ago and asked if they had anything new in the works. I was told spring 2020! They look nice and I’d like to try one.

If you read into it even a little, it's probably safe to extrapolate that some of the existing T - M's in the A are looking to get into the saddle game. Why else would a business cartel invite new blood to the table?

From a consumer standpoint it doesn't do anything for me. I don't have faith they'll test the point of failure or real world components correctly (exhibit 1: ropeman). Putting a stamp of approval on an out of the box saddle does not make the entire system safe. Just look at treestand harness, how many suspension trauma deathtraps got the TMA stamp. Or how many people have been killed or maimed because they don't use a lifeline to climb.

For the business side of things maybe it makes some firms semi-insurable and allows them to sell to retailers.

Tma is a joke. It would be interesting to see what the outcome of their meetings will be. We have more available to us now than we could have dreamed of just a few short years ago so if tma decides to do nothing with saddles that’s ok with me. There is a potential negative side. If they write standards that put shoulder straps etc on the saddle and then get states to approve saddles if they are tma certified. That will push all saddle manufacturers to build to a bad set of regulations, and fork money over to the tma.

I'm in the group that think TMA is a joke. Just another method for the big players to deter new business in their segment. I'm not confident that TMA getting involved with saddles is actually a good thing. I'm afraid it will kill great ideas that are actually safe.

Not a TMA fan either, but would much rather see Aerohunter (or another company with a long history) working with them than H2. Isn't H2 basically a new guy working out of his garage?

Not a TMA fan either, but would much rather see Aerohunter (or another company with a long history) working with them than H2. Isn't H2 basically a new guy working out of his garage?

I respectfully DISAGREE. Aerohunter thinks like arborists and would force unneeded fall restraint BS.... especially since the majority of their customers are not saddle hunters. we provided them many recommendations when they first released their aero hunter and they shot them down as UNSAFE. We would not have the saddles we have today had others not tossed their efforts into the hunter saddle making biz.

I appreciate your experience on this topic. I just hope you guys reach out to H2 before the meeting, so they at least have the opinions of the little guy's in the game. H2 is not one of the big corporate players, so if anything else, he knows were you stand on this. Thanks again for your expertise on this issue.

Yea, and so was Tetherd. We all start somewhere, plus H2 is making a great product that seems to hold up against the larger saddle makers. TMA needs to stay with treestands and leave saddle specs to those who understand why we as saddle hunters use them as we do. JMO.

I appreciate your experience on this topic. I just hope you guys reach out to H2 before the meeting, so they at least have the opinions of the little guy's in the game. H2 is not one of the big corporate players, so if anything else, he knows were you stand on this. Thanks again for your expertise on this issue.

I believe Greg and Ernie tracked down TMA last year, and that's what go the ball rolling on all this. If they are in the talks I'm sure that saddle hunters will be well represented as this plays out.

The death of DIY projects, will have to have the TMA stamp.

Sure, Beast gear and LWCG really seem to be struggling without TMA stamps.

It's a new world here in the information age. Manufacturer's don't need big box retailers to thrive anymore.

Whatever saddle manufacturers are involved in this have a lot of leverage.

Sure, Beast gear and LWCG really seem to be struggling without TMA stamps.

It's a new world here in the information age. Manufacturer's don't need big box retailers to thrive anymore.

Whatever saddle manufacturers are involved in this have a lot of leverage.
Very true

Back