• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Why am I being blocked from all posts related to Tethrd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tag their names with their affiliation so we know they're pro staff and may have a biased opinion. Benefits them as pro staff and the non-pro staff as well.
We are required to add it to our signatures, but on tapatalk you do not see them so it did not provide the same effect we had hoped for. But this was step 1 of this evolving process.

Allowing for unbiased vendor reviews by users is probably smart, but I wouldn't restrict vendors or prostaffers from posting elsewhere. That seems a little too censored. Just moderate as needed in other subforums. A "brand specific" subforum where vendors can interact with users and post promotions and whatnot wouldn't be terrible either.

Also just another idea: Maybe require and/or supply vendors and prostaff with a badge so that users can see them and there is a little more transparency. Not sure this would carry over to tapatalk but at least on the website it would have visibility.

So, for example: DaveT could post in the 'Brand Specific' subforum and general forums to his hearts content and discuss the phantom, nucanoe, and crocs to his hearts desire, but since he's 'prostaff' he would not have permission to post in the 'vendor reviews and information' subforum. If he, for some reason, starts spamming 3.7% off discount codes in the general forums, those posts could be moderated by the mods, vice versa for slamming other vendors, their products, users, etc.

Also, have you guys thought about a general 'code of conduct' for vendors/prostaff, heck even users at large? Might be good to set the rules up front, or in a sticky post somewhere.

Allowing for unbiased vendor reviews by users is probably smart, but I wouldn't restrict vendors or prostaffers from posting elsewhere. That seems a little too censored. Just moderate as needed in other subforums. A "brand specific" subforum where vendors can interact with users and post promotions and whatnot wouldn't be terrible either.

Also just another idea: Maybe require and/or supply vendors and prostaff with a badge so that users can see them and there is a little more transparency. Not sure this would carry over to tapatalk but at least on the website it would have visibility.

So, for example: DaveT could post in the 'Brand Specific' subforum and general forums to his hearts content and discuss the phantom, nucanoe, and crocs to his hearts desire, but since he's 'prostaff' he would not have permission to post in the 'vendor reviews and information' subforum. If he, for some reason, starts spamming 3.7% off discount codes in the general forums, those posts could be moderated by the mods, vice versa for slamming other vendors, their products, users, etc.

Also, have you guys thought about a general 'code of conduct' for vendors/prostaff, heck even users at large? Might be good to set the rules up front, or in a sticky post somewhere.
I like this idea!

First, thanks for providing input.

And yes code of conduct stuff is being looked at. And models similar to what you describe.

Are you aware of any forums running a model similar to what you describe?

That seems a little too censored. Just moderate as needed in other subforums
It does seem a little too censored when it gets to the poin where a vendor/ pro staff can’t even answer a direct question. If you allowed it there would be people who would take that one question and answer it in a two paragraph promotion of the product. So to allow it would require tight moderation. @redsquirrel treats his moderators pretty good and in an ideal world all he wants them to do is enjoy the site and close classifieds.

I agree, just make a code of conduct and try to avoid the stupid Ford vs. Chevy stuff. Don't have something constructive to say, zap the post. Tethrd team member wants to take a backhanded shot at Aero, adios, take a vacation from the forum.

The "gear reviews" are just tough now that you can't truly figure out who is a pro staffer, insider, buddy, butt kisser, etc. It doesn't really matter what you call it, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck. There's going to be implicit bias on behalf of most of the chosen insiders that get to review stuff before the general public does. Duh. If people aren't smart enough to weed that out prior to purchasing, that's on them. It's not Red's job to make people conscientious consumers.

It does seem a little too censored when it gets to the poin where a vendor/ pro staff can’t even answer a direct question. If you allowed it there would be people who would take that one question and answer it in a two paragraph promotion of the product. So to allow it would require tight moderation. @redsquirrel treats his moderators pretty good and in an ideal world all he wants them to do is enjoy the site and close classifieds.

Mods must have a lot of freetime on their hands lol.

And yet, you probably wouldn't want a say Aerohuntr(or any other saddle company for that matter) prostaffer coming into a tethrd phantom conversation and saying why their "x" saddle is better....Its understandable for products in the same genre or competitive field and should be applicable to all products the company has expressed they are developing or already sells.

Actually I still give positive comments on other models. I don't know how many times i have said Aerohunter is a good company and makes a good product and I would not hesitate to hunt in any of them.

Its all good. I now know my place.

I agree, just make a code of conduct and try to avoid the stupid Ford vs. Chevy stuff. Don't have something constructive to say, zap the post. Tethrd team member wants to take a backhanded shot at Aero, adios, take a vacation from the forum.

The "reviews" are just tough now that you can't truly figure out who is a pro staffer, insider, buddy, butt kisser, etc. It doesn't really matter what you call it, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck. There's going to be implicit bias on behalf of most of the chosen insiders that get to review stuff before the general public does. Duh. If people aren't smart enough to weed that out prior to purchasing, that's on them. It's not Red's job to make people conscientious consumers.

I was thinking the same: 90% of us are going to see through the noise. The other 10%, god bless 'em, probably also buy essential oils and eat cauliflower rice.

Actually I still give positive comments on other models. I don't know how many times i have said Aerohunter is a good company and makes a good product and I would not hesitate to hunt in any of them.

Its all good. I now know my place.
Sorry @DaveT1963 . I didnt say you didn't and wasnt trying to imply it. It was a rhetorical comment--not everyone is a cordial as you.

Can we continue this line of conversation? If anyone has suggestions it would be valuable rather than taking sides.

Can we continue this line of conversation? If anyone has suggestions it would be valuable rather than taking sides.
I like the concept @d_rek mentioned, I think the hard part is the man hours that go into manually censoring and deleting posts. There have to be some automatic controls in place to keep some of the issue from happening, otherwise there would need ot be dozens of full time moderators on here 24/7. I"m sure there can be a happy medium.

I second the brand specific forum. It would be handy to have a place to go to contact the vendors or their pro staff in near real time to ask questions, receive discounts, pdf instruction manuals, etc.

I second the brand specific forum. It would be handy to have a place to go to contact the vendors or their pro staff in near real time to ask questions, receive discounts, pdf instruction manuals, etc.
I agree someting like that would be great, but am not sure this is the place- isnt that the point of their FB Page, website, online chat and a phone number, not an independent forum? From what I understand the idea of this site wasn't to be a marketing and sale channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back