• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Phantom

I'm definitely not getting a Mantis. And the JX3 doesn't interest me. Of what is available now it would be the Flex........I'm more wondering if the Phantom is better than the Yarak. Or whatever Aero Hunter puts out this summer.

Is there any updates on the Yarak beyond “coming soon...eventually”?

Still digging the H2, so I’m allocating resources to other hunting related endeavors for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the Phantom fit for guys who have some meat in the rear? im 6'1" 200#. Im looking for comfort on long sits and have some mass in the thighs and rear end

I'm definitely not getting a Mantis. And the JX3 doesn't interest me. Of what is available now it would be the Flex........I'm more wondering if the Phantom is better than the Yarak. Or whatever Aero Hunter puts out this summer.

The JX3 concept is awesome, but I think a saddle will provide me with more options in my western OK trees. I could be wrong, but for now I’m focusing on the purchase of a true saddle.

In the same way a cutting process or drilling holes in a climbing stick can be.
I understand what you're saying, but both those things physically alter an object. When you splice a rope(which has been being done for hundreds of years) or tie knots in it(again being done for hundreds of years) or both with the same piece of rope(also being done for hundreds of years) in the end, all you still have is a piece of rope... and i'm sure Samson has the patent on Amsteel.

Then again, you can apply for a patent and be "patent pending" on just about anything if you have the time, money, and fill out the paperwork. Heck a lot of products are patent pending their whole life because the people who applied for the patent weren't awarded it and continue to fight it.

Not saying it's not a cool application of the techniques and knots(it is!) just that I don't think it is patentable.

Then again, you can apply for a patent and be "patent pending" on just about anything if you have the time, money, and fill out the paperwork.

No we know why the price went to $250 instead of $199...lol

Alright, I guess I am just not getting it...

- My 6 yr old Evo already came with what to me looks exactly like the “adjustobridge” (or whatever they call it)
- The “comfort channels” look totally gimmicky to me.
That leaves what as the great innovation - the larger LB loops?

Btw, who is the bearded guy in the second video that apparently watched too many Apple keynotes? Would be good to know, because after all that hyperbole marketing language BS I have to put him on my “can never take anything this guy says serious ever again” list.

Sorry guys, I really don’t see what all the hype is about - looks like just another saddle to me.

- My 6 yr old Evo already came with what to me looks exactly like the “adjustobridge” (or whatever they call it)

Btw, who is the bearded guy in the second video that apparently watched too many Apple keynotes? Would be good to know, because after all that hyperbole marketing language BS I have to put him on my “can never take anything this guy says serious ever again” list.

Sorry guys, I really don’t see what all the hype is about - looks like just another saddle to me.

Then don’t buy it. Pretty simple...

The way in which it’s spliced.

Trying to get a patent on a rope knot is about the equivalent of trying to patent the process of butthole bleaching

Come on....really?

My kestrel Flex has an adjustable bridge with a prussik
Voila!
From the factory
I’m all For innovation but when do we say stop on the red tape and nonsense
After all the mantis looks like a kite copy anyways ? Marketing and patents go a long way I guess
I’m not hating but at some point the nonsense gets to be too much
I’ve invented something and will release it when a patent is pending but it’s new and no one else has made it yet.
I’m sure people will hack it but it will cost the public as much to make one as it would be to buy one from me.

I needed to read this after reading everything above

Thank you!

The hype is about sales. I’m A terrible salesman. Having an adjustable bridge is a nice feature. Larger linesman’s loops are a nice feature. The cup in the saddle is a huge improvement over the mantis. The comfort channels sound gimmicky but it sounds better than bumps sewn into the bridge loops. It’s a distinguishing feature between it and all other saddles. Similar to savages accutrigger. They could have named it “blade trigger safety that allows a lower pull” It would sound stupid. As far as the comfort channels go they work and you feel an immediate difference when switching from one adjustment to another. The position of the leg loops is a huge improvement over the mantis.

The bearded guy is Taylor Chamberlain. He is on the tethrd pro staff. He kills over a hundred deer a year with archery equipment. So yes he may be biased but he also knows how to get it done.
I think I answered your questions as best I could. If you have a saddle your happy with keep using it. If you decide you’re in the market for a new saddle the phantom is worth looking into.

@EricS do you know what the stopper knot is being used on the bridge? Is it glued or stapled? As someone already mentioned, knots are kind of frowned upon in Amsteel by the manufacturer. I'd hate to be hanging by that bridge and look down and realize there wasn't a stopper knot...

Maybe but you should only be offended if you plan to rip off my buthole bleaching technique for a profit.

Well played
Just don’t try to patent the percentage of water to acid in the solution

Back