• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Phantom

@EricS do you know what the stopper knot is being used on the bridge? Is it glued or stapled? As someone already mentioned, knots are kind of frowned upon in Amsteel by the manufacturer. I'd hate to be hanging by that bridge and look down and realize there wasn't a stopper knot...
I don’t have that bridge. I tested a whoopie sling. When I received the phantom I tested they were waiting on the results of the 300 lb dummy drop. Other guys had been using it for a while but I was close to 300lbs and didn’t want to be the 300 pound dummy testing it. That all went good but I haven’t got around to swapping it out but will in the next couple weeks.
Well played
Just don’t try to patent the percentage of water to acid in the solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Already done.

I don’t have that bridge. I tested a whoopie sling. When I received the phantom I tested they were waiting on the results of the 300 lb dummy drop. Other guys had been using it for a while but I was close to 300lbs and didn’t want to be the 300 pound dummy testing it. That all went good but I haven’t got around to swapping it out but will in the next couple weeks.

Already done.
Cool, thanks! When you get the new bridge, can you post some pics or just follow up? Really curious how it's backed up.

The hype is about sales. I’m A terrible salesman. Having an adjustable bridge is a nice feature. Larger linesman’s loops are a nice feature. The cup in the saddle is a huge improvement over the mantis. The comfort channels sound gimmicky but it sounds better than bumps sewn into the bridge loops. It’s a distinguishing feature between it and all other saddles. Similar to savages accutrigger. They could have named it “blade trigger safety that allows a lower pull” It would sound stupid. As far as the comfort channels go they work and you feel an immediate difference when switching from one adjustment to another. The position of the leg loops is a huge improvement over the mantis.

The bearded guy is Taylor Chamberlain. He is on the tethrd pro staff. He kills over a hundred deer a year with archery equipment. So yes he may be biased but he also knows how to get it done.
I think I answered your questions as best I could. If you have a saddle your happy with keep using it. If you decide you’re in the market for a new saddle the phantom is worth looking into.

Agreed with most of what you said about the saddle.

Maybe we’re talking past each other on the comfort channels (I think the whole concept is gimmicky, wasn’t talking about the name), but that‘s a detail and also a matter of personal preference. I am just judging off my personal experience, and adjusting the height of my tether tie-in never even seemed enough of a bother to even think about, let alone invent an alternative for. But that’s just me. Plus, you might have had your hands on one and objectively know more about it than me looking at YouTube videos.
When I wrote “looks like just another saddle” I didn’t mean a bad one. Looks like an OK saddle to me, with incremental changes over the previous version and some interesting features compared to other ones in the market. If I hadn’t three already and the price point was right, I might even try it. But it sure doesn’t look like a ‘game changer’ to me.

My point is about the outlandishly exaggerated (and sometimes plain dishonest) way these things are marketed. And the video I was pointing out was just an extremely pointed example of that.
I am not questioning this guys skill, knowledge or credentials. I don’t even know the guy.
But if he is as accomplished a saddle hunter as you say he is (and I have no reason to doubt that), do you really think this “literally changed the game of saddle hunting for” him? Right after the Mantis was a “total game changer for him personally” after “10 years of hunting from the saddle”? Two “total game changes” in 1 1/2 years, not bad.

All I am saying is I judge people by what they say, and listening to this video and other like it makes me feel like these people think that we are all idiots, or that in marketing everything is fair and it doesn’t matter whether what you say is true or not.

Agreed with most of what you said about the saddle.

Maybe we’re talking past each other on the comfort channels (I think the whole concept is gimmicky, wasn’t talking about the name), but that‘s a detail and also a matter of personal preference. I am just judging off my personal experience, and adjusting the height of my tether tie-in never even seemed enough of a bother to even think about, let alone invent an alternative for. But that’s just me. Plus, you might have had your hands on one and objectively know more about it than me looking at YouTube videos.
When I wrote “looks like just another saddle” I didn’t mean a bad one. Looks like an OK saddle to me, with incremental changes over the previous version and some interesting features compared to other ones in the market. If I hadn’t three already and the price point was right, I might even try it. But it sure doesn’t look like a ‘game changer’ to me.

My point is about the outlandishly exaggerated (and sometimes plain dishonest) way these things are marketed. And the video I was pointing out was just an extremely pointed example of that.
I am not questioning this guys skill, knowledge or credentials. I don’t even know the guy.
But if he is as accomplished a saddle hunter as you say he is (and I have no reason to doubt that), do you really think this “literally changed the game of saddle hunting for” him? Right after the Mantis was a “total game changer for him personally” after “10 years of hunting from the saddle”? Two “total game changes” in 1 1/2 years, not bad.

All I am saying is I judge people by what they say, and listening to this video and other like it makes me feel like these people think that we are all idiots, or that in marketing everything is fair and it doesn’t matter whether what you say is true or not.

Well we can count on the fact that none of them will hunt in it for a few months and come out publicly and say “well I wish it had this.... or wish this was a certain way....etc”
That’s what bothers me is the world we live in everybody toots their own horn so hard that it’s stopped making us be honest not only to those we represent things to but to most importantly ourselves.
My dad didn’t tell me I can be anything I want to be when I was a kid
He told me I could have things if I worked really hard for them and stayed honest.
Yes I didn’t like it at the time, but it was for the best

What in the world is happening on this site? Can you guys all just chill. It’s a cool new saddle, like many other cool new saddles that have come out. While don’t we just agree to disagree here and move on instead of character bashing people and whining about how things are marketed? And the other side can let go of being over-defensive when someone doesn’t like the same saddle you do. This isn’t the saddlehunter.com we are proud to be a part of.

Well we can count on the fact that none of them will hunt in it for a few months and come out publicly and say “well I wish it had this.... or wish this was a certain way....etc”
That’s what bothers me is the world we live in everybody toots their own horn so hard that it’s stopped making us be honest not only to those we represent things to but to most importantly ourselves.
My dad didn’t tell me I can be anything I want to be when I was a kid
He told me I could have things if I worked really hard for them and stayed honest.
Yes I didn’t like it at the time, but it was for the best

And this is not just tethrd but a lot of companies

Gotta be a little critical of urself sometimes
Keeps ur edge sharp

What in the world is happening on this site? Can you guys all just chill. It’s a cool new saddle, like many other cool new saddles that have come out. While don’t we just agree to disagree here and move on instead of character bashing people and whining about how things are marketed? And the other side can let go of being over-defensive when someone doesn’t like the same saddle you do. This isn’t the saddlehunter.com we are proud to be a part of.

Don’t take it as a bash
It’s not that deep
I’ve heard and seen worse on here
Just be nice for us all to keep it real
If I step out of line
Tell me and tell me why
Not from a biased standpoint but from level ground where we’re all humans and not saddle hunters.
I’m not upset by the phantom saddle or Tethrd at all
Greg recommended the kestrel back in the days of the saddle hunter podcast so that’s what a lot of us bought ....then the flex came around (what I use)
2 different species of saddle

The flex threads off on the interior webbing and the finish inside the saddle comes off
It was first listed on here as a thread labeled kestrel Flex problems.
No one complained that people were whining then? And then Sophia cape on and told everyone she understood and would make it right.
On the other hand they didn’t market it (with something else no one had) with “New and improved cheek grip”
It’s something they did and didn’t ask for a bunch of recognition.
We all want to be excited about this.
Half of you sat in a kestrel (or kite ) and can’t say it was any less than the mantis.
Yes we’re all happy for Tethrd and their “game changing innovations”
Let people hunt in it and then tell u how good it is
Don’t throw all these fancy terms and names at people to get them to buy it because it’s the “newest,hottest, most game changing-est thing”

Full disclaimer though*****
When I demo a saddle i don’t generally let people use mine due to scent control.

I’ve put 7 people in their first saddle this year
And it was a Mantis

This thread makes me shake my head a bit but enough said...

I will say this for Tethrd. The guys that make up their staff were formally some of the top contributors on this site. They were guys always that were experimenting and coming new ideas and trying new things. Things changed and they don't post here much anymore for various reasons. I guess they earned a certain level of my trust over the years of watching who they were and what they did prior to the saddle hunting explosion. I liked my Mantis and will likely buy a Phantom because when someone like @DaveT1963 and @flinginairos say it is a large improvement I listen.

Not trying to start an argument just saying try it on before you bash. Most of the people that I have read that have actually tried it on gave it high ratings.

Yep. May have to attend the Iowa Deer Classic this year so I can put my hands on one of these!

Looks great @ckossuth

Ever notice that the latest "new" must have to catch fish lures look a lot like the old lures with a new paint job? And seem to catch more fishermen than fish.

All the time.

Ok Im going to start putting in applications for a second job. Gear lovers are at a disadvantage here folks.

Alright, I guess I am just not getting it...

- My 6 yr old Evo already came with what to me looks exactly like the “adjustobridge” (or whatever they call it)
- The “comfort channels” look totally gimmicky to me.
That leaves what as the great innovation - the larger LB loops?

Btw, who is the bearded guy in the second video that apparently watched too many Apple keynotes? Would be good to know, because after all that hyperbole marketing language BS I have to put him on my “can never take anything this guy says serious ever again” list.

Sorry guys, I really don’t see what all the hype is about - looks like just another saddle to me.

I totally get the turn off by the “hype” style of marketing. Game changing would be the boss transferring me to IA & cutting my hrs to 20 a week & increasing my salary!!!!

BUT you have to like/respect G2 for publicly stating the patent was for legal reasons & they would be sharing the diy version.

Attachments

• A8C84EAE-6D68-4B88-AB65-CF65A2B8201B.png
    A8C84EAE-6D68-4B88-AB65-CF65A2B8201B.png
    395.5 KB · Views: 98
The key to making that bridge work is they bury the tail all the way through to the end. This makes the 1/4 Amsteel a bit fatter and stiffer allowing the 3/16 Amsteel continuous loop prusik to have more bite. This process is what they are patenting. Anyone can DIY this. No industrial sewing machine required.

Back