• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Forum Attitude

tyson12590

I have noticed a lot of bickering on this site in the last few weeks and it has mostly revolved around new products and vendors. I just wanted to say a few reminders.

1. Everyone is trying to make a living.
2. You do not have to buy anything that you do not want to buy.
3. We live in a free market and companies can charge whatever they want.
4. Making a product sound as great as possible is how companies sell products whether you like the marketing style or not.
5. Many of the people who are profiting from the sales of these new products have invested tons of time into this site and saddle hunting in general and are well deserving of some monetary gain.
6. All new products increase the number of options for all saddle hunters and this is a good thing.
7. Being biased about a brand or product is not wrong or unethical.

I have only been part of this site for 6 months and I have benefited so much. Until recently, I felt that this site maintained a helpful and generous attitude. More recently I have noticed a real skepticism towards many of the members that are vendors or pro-staff. We should be encouraging innovation and growth not viewing every person that is selling something as somehow trying to screw us. Rant over. Thanks

I think the majority of forum has good intentions, and many people have been trying to remind everyone of how good we have it. Hopefully it is just the end of season blues that has everyone down and cranky.
Thank you for the well thought out, and completely accurate post!

Saddle hunting has become so popular it is about time to start handing out “Darwin” awards. With the increase in popularity, comes the increase in idiocy.

I have noticed a lot of bickering on this site in the last few weeks and it has mostly revolved around new products and vendors. I just wanted to say a few reminders.

1. Everyone is trying to make a living.
2. You do not have to buy anything that you do not want to buy.
3. We live in a free market and companies can charge whatever they want.
4. Making a product sound as great as possible is how companies sell products whether you like the marketing style or not.
5. Many of the people who are profiting from the sales of these new products have invested tons of time into this site and saddle hunting in general and are well deserving of some monetary gain.
6. All new products increase the number of options for all saddle hunters and this is a good thing.
7. Being biased about a brand or product is not wrong or unethical.

I have only been part of this site for 6 months and I have benefited so much. Until recently, I felt that this site maintained a helpful and generous attitude. More recently I have noticed a real skepticism towards many of the members that are vendors or pro-staff. We should be encouraging innovation and growth not viewing every person that is selling something as somehow trying to screw us. Rant over. Thanks

This thread is soooo stupid !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paracord is way to thicken heavy. I prefer about a 300 lb test braided fishing line. If you double it up it'll hold 600 lb. I only weigh 200. I should be okay.
Exactly! and instead of tying knots, I use leader swages and hand crimp them. Havent had a pike break one yet, so they'll definitely hold me!

To read extremely stupid, poorly written, out of order things that should never been said. I simply hit review my on content.

Back