• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2020 North Alabama Saddle Hunter Meet-up

North Alabama Saddle Hunter Meet-up

• I’m in!

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Sounds weird

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gcr0003

SH Member
2020 North Alabama Saddle Hunter Meet-up
When: February 22nd, 10AM-2PM
Where: Point Mallard Archery Park, Decatur, AL 35601

VIEW WHO IS COMING HERE <---Click Link

LUNCH: We will be cooking deer and conecuh sausage dogs.

CAMPING:
There are 6 Primitive camp sites (but not really primitive because I believe they have water/electric hook ups and I know they have bath houses) at Point Mallard Campground. Reserve yours today. Its a great place. I lived there for 2 years.

DETAILS: I went ahead and picked a location for the meet-up (which isn't an official event). Point Mallard Park Archery Range. There is a pavilion that is free to use first come first serve. If you want to shoot at the range see below. I envision us doing any kind of climbing demonstrations in the woods adjacent to the range but we can play it by ear.

License Requirement
  • For Alabama residents, a valid hunting, heritage, fishing, or WMA license is required for all range users between the ages of 16-64.
  • For nonresidents, a valid WMA license is required for all range users age 16 or older.
SADDLE GEAR GIVE AWAY: I worked with @DanO to be able to bring yall a lot of cool accessories. I had a set dollar amount of stuff that I had picked out and he was generous enough to waive shipping in addition to throwing in a bunch of free gear on top of what I purchased!
1581605883658.png

TELL YOUR FRIENDS:
Tell your buddies who are still hunting out of their summit vipers to come check us out.

POST IT UP:
Let me know below what set up (climbing and saddle) you will be bringing. For example: 3 Lone Wolf sticks, AeroHunter Kestrel. I'd like to have an idea of what all will be represented.

WHEELER HUNTING: See Alabama Regulations for more details.
1581606032477.png

All states welcome!

Updated 2/13/2020

Last edited:
Let me know if I can help. There is a Alabama FB form that communicates and has done activities. I do not do FB only SH so I have not been part of those activities. Let's make it known our neighboring Tennesseans are important to us.

Let me know if I can help. There is a Alabama FB form that communicates and has done activities. I do not do FB only SH so I have not been part of those activities. Let's make it known our neighboring Tennesseans are important to us.
Thanks Ken, I agree. Let it be known that this meet-up only specifies location, not attendance. All are welcome, especially those TN folks that are just hop and a skip north of us.

Our very own @Nutterbuster runs that Al Facebook page. But he is in south Alabama. Strange folks down there. Lol
I’m in Warrior. I’d like to attend if I’m free that weekend.

Depends on when and where for me. Alabama is a long state and a 5 hr drive is not as fun as it used to be. But I really want to say I’m in.

Last edited:
I might make it down from the Nashville area, depending on when and where it is. I’m considering a TN saddle meet-up in my area if there’s enough interest...

Reactions: swd
This developed fast! Great job @gcr0003 T-town guy here so im in the middle however I have been wanting to get up north for a little post season scouting. Im assuming sometime between Feb 10 and turkey season would be best for everyone...

Lol, it's tough hunting. I saw a grand total of zero deer the first year I hunted it. Hard for them to survive on sand, pine needles, and pitcher plants. I just hunt it because it's close and nobody else hunts it.

I kinda like the idea of upper delta just because I think we could get away with more tree climbing activities without raising eyebrows. But a pavillion and some tables might be nice for lunch. I do have 8 deer in the freezer. I could bring a smoker and have it rolling that morning with some quarters on it.

Maybe I need to start a separate thread. I'm not trying to take away from @gcr0003.
A pavillion and tables would be great for all the give-aways you will be bringing!

Any progress on this? We could get a primitive camping spot at Ditto or Monte Sano. Access to a pavilion at booth for all the vendors and giveaways. Plenty of trees to climb. Probably a little more privacy at Monte Sano.

Back