• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Upgrade your Tethrd Mantis into a Tethrd Phantom (Amsteel prussik bridge)

stone1

For those that saw the Tethrd Phantom at the 2020 ATA show and wanted to get an amsteel prussik bridge(the main difference on the phantom), it can be done.... for about $20

What is needed--

10 FT 1/4 in. amsteel

4 FT 3/16in. amsteel

How to do it--

With your 10FT 1/4in. amsteel --splice a 3inch eye within your harness loop; you will need to splice this 10ft piece directly in the middle (5 ft in) because you will have to bury your end through the difference of the rope.

once you've spliced your eye and buried your end you will end up with roughly 4-5 feet of rope. Only roughly 25-30 inches will be needed, so make a stopper knot and cut the rest off.

This will be your bridge.

With your 4FT 3/16 in amsteel-- wrap your 3/16 around your bridge and create a prussik, tie this off on the harness loop on the opposite side of your bridge.

The outcome is as follows

IMG-2711.jpgIMG-2712.jpg

It’s like saying it’s the only different between a Mantis and my Kestrel is the material.

See you in a tree, Ricky

Nice work and write up!

Sent from up in a tree

I think what everyone is trying to say is good work and thanks for your contribution to help others. At some point in the off season I plan on doing something similar to see what this adjustable bridge hype is all about.
I bought 2 tri glides and some webbing from DanO. I'm gonna try that to see how the adjustable bridge works for me.

A difference......But main difference?
emoji3166.png

Tethrd Elite
Instagram (bigasports)

No disrespect to you Tethrd guys.

When I say the main difference I mean in the sense that the product checks every box. Comfort, packability, function. A main difference between the new and existing products is the bridge which adds comfort and shooting clearance for high elevation shots at low shooting angles; IMO a necessary modification.

I am a simple stupid kind of guy, so when I refer to something being the "main difference" it was with the premise that it is a necessary modification whereas a lot of the phantom designs are "better" but not necessary. Especially for 95% of your customers who already have a Mantis.

No disrespect to you Tethrd guys.

When I say the main difference I mean in the sense that the product checks every box. Comfort, packability, function. A main difference between the new and existing products is the bridge which adds comfort and shooting clearance for high elevation shots at low shooting angles; IMO a necessary modification.

I am a simple stupid kind of guy, so when I refer to something being the "main difference" it was with the premise that it is a necessary modification whereas a lot of the phantom designs are "better" but not necessary. Especially for 95% of your customers who already have a Mantis.

Bro you did an excellent job in your explanation of the bridge. This is my opinion is what the hunting world should be about. And in life in general. Be kind to others and offer help. You did that. Props to you!!! I was joking in saying....”the main difference”. Obviously there are many new features and until you sit in it you may not know exactly what they mean. It’s an opinion of comfort to all what the main difference is. Keep up the good work my dude and spread the love!!

Tethrd Elite
Instagram (bigasports)

For those that saw the Tethrd Phantom at the 2020 ATA show and wanted to get an amsteel prussik bridge(the main difference on the phantom), it can be done.... for about $20

What is needed--

10 FT 1/4 in. amsteel

4 FT 3/16in. amsteel

How to do it--

With your 10FT 1/4in. amsteel --splice a 3inch eye within your harness loop; you will need to splice this 10ft piece directly in the middle (5 ft in) because you will have to bury your end through the difference of the rope.

once you've spliced your eye and buried your end you will end up with roughly 4-5 feet of rope. Only roughly 25-30 inches will be needed, so make a stopper knot and cut the rest off.

This will be your bridge.

With your 4FT 3/16 in amsteel-- wrap your 3/16 around your bridge and create a prussik, tie this off on the harness loop on the opposite side of your bridge.

The outcome is as follows

View attachment 23694View attachment 23695
This is great and helpful. Just to check, isn’t the phantom prusik also threaded onto its bridge loop with no knot? Thus, has anyone figured out how to make that work? It seems like it is a full but also, which seems really hard to pull off unless though see that bridge loop as a step that comes after tying the prusik on the bridge.

Last edited:
Great job! The biggest thing that perked my interest was the adjustments on the bridge loops. I modified mine see pic below....

Really improves my comfort.

839dcf0f0373c8a907a20a78dc738919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job! The biggest thing that perked my interest was the adjustments on the bridge loops. I modified mine see pic below....

That’s really cool! So it’s just the sewing in each spot that makes your channels?

That’s really cool! So it’s just the sewing in each spot that makes your channels?

Yeah using 1” tubular webbing and 7/16” static rope cut at about 1/2” lengths. There is another post on here where I started by using zip ties holding it together. And then someone turned me onto the speedy stitcher!

Loving all of this !
Keep up the creativity boys !

Very nicely done.

I was thinking of attempting this as well. I know the phantom is a little differently shaped so I didn’t know if the comfort channels would be as effective.

Worth a go though.

Thanks to both for the Mantis mods. I plan to try both during the off season. Greg of Tethrd mentioned somewhere they will eventually have a video on a DIY adjustable bridge.

I love the creativity. I will say check that prussik well at ground level. Tethrd splices a continuous loop for their prussik.
But if you replace the bridge, add the comfort channels, and reposition the linesman’s loops your still only half way their. It’s all about the cup and how that thing wraps around my but for me. Then the comfort channels. Everything else are just nice additions. I can definitely see some benefit to adding all those upgrades to the mantis but it won’t make it a phantom.

I love the creativity. I will say check that prussik well at ground level. Tethrd splices a continuous loop for their prussik.
But if you replace the bridge, add the comfort channels, and reposition the linesman’s loops your still only half way their. It’s all about the cup and how that thing wraps around my but for me. Then the comfort channels. Everything else are just nice additions. I can definitely see some benefit to adding all those upgrades to the mantis but it won’t make it a phantom.

I didn’t realize tethrd splices the Prussik end; I went with a double fisherman’s knot. I may redo that connection with a splice into itself to eliminate extra bulk.

Always test your equipment at ground level and under excessive circumstances; I.E simulating a fall or sudden drop. At the end of all this it’s always about making it home.

Back